Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/7/2003 7:23:47 AM EDT
What do you guys know about them?  I know Special Weapons has a bad rep, and I see that they use SW receivers.  Does IGF make a good rifle?

Thinking about buying that G3 clone they have.
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 8:37:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Special weapons only has a bad rep from people that don't like Todd B. I have a few of his guns and I love them. Good guns/poor customer service....back to IGF...I hear they are very good. I have had great luck with Rapidfire too.
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 10:27:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Special Weapons makes good parts.  Sometimes they don't make good rifles, and often they don't make many friends, but Vector, Ohio Rapid Fire and IGF use their receivers and make wonderful HK clones.

Their HK93 receivers are practically indistinguishable from the real thing.
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 11:39:19 AM EDT
[#3]
From what I have heard, Jayson at IGF does very good work and is one of the best H&K smiths in the country.  I hope everything I have heard is true because in January he is going to be doing the SBR thing to two H&Ks that I have (a 94 and a SP89).
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 12:04:29 PM EDT
[#4]
I have never heard a bad thing about Jason. I've contacted him to do a HK93 to HK53 conversion. Numerous people refered me to him.
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 8:19:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Jason did some minor work and a refinish on my Portuguese G3 clone.  the work was immaculate...i would definitely recommend him.
i've also seen some BEAUTIFUL HK93's done by Derek at AZEX Arms and would probably go to him in the future...(and save on shipping!)
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 8:29:34 PM EDT
[#6]
I have one of the first HK94 clones. I believe my gun was the first one he built using a stamped SW receiver. The serial number is in the single digit range.  Not one failure of any kind.  The welds were a little ugly and the cocking tube is off center and he offered to redo it.  If it didnt shoot so well I would have taken him up on the offer.
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 6:05:42 PM EDT
[#7]
I've seen first hand and fired a HK 33 clone that Jayson did up as part of a group buy. That was an awesome looking and shooting rifle. DEFINETELY well put together. It was also a Special Weapons reciever he started with, which Jayson apparent has a knack for making work perfectly.

I wouldn't doubt for a minute that a rifle IGF is selling is reliable.
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 7:07:51 PM EDT
[#8]
I've never owned an IGF weapon.

But back before last summer, when I was running on the assumption I would have a crapload of overtime at my summer job, I talked to Jayson over email about doing a MP5K AOW clone. Sadly, I ended up with nowhere near enough money to pay for the project (two overtime shifts all summer).

Anyway, Jayson answered every one of my emails, even the ones with stupid questions. Never had to wait more than a day for a response, and his answers were always polite and informative. Seems like a good guy and I wouldn't hesitate to do that MP5K project with him if I had the cash.
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 7:19:31 PM EDT
[#9]
I have had the pleasure of having a G-3 clone built by Jayson, and he is the best. When I received my clone ( FMP rec. and SWparts set) it was very nicely done. He takes the time to answer questions and let you know how things will go. He is setting up for a PSG-1 clone group build right now.
Bottom line I would not hesitate to have him work on any of my weapons ( as he also does AR, FAL and AK builds as well as others) try him you will not be dissapointed.

Link Posted: 10/17/2003 5:31:12 PM EDT
[#10]
I would recommend Jayson at IGF for any HK build.  I had a HK33 clone built by him, and it is awesome. The thing eats any ammo you put in it, as fast as you can pull the trigger.  His welds are great. His refinishing matchs HK's color very close.  He has one of the best turn a round times in the bussiness!  I am having him build a HK94 clone and a PSG-1 clone for me next.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top