Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/10/2003 4:32:57 PM EDT
As the title says.. What is a good lube and what works well for cleaning hks (specifically a 91)? I'm using CLP for the internals at the moment, I'm not shure if that is a good choice for the barrel tho, since its not chrone lined... Advice anyone?
Link Posted: 7/12/2003 4:12:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Any good bore cleaner is fine.  Like Shooters Choice etc.  For Lube, buy the synthetic stuff.  Castrol Gunguard works great as does light weight sythetic motor oil like Slick 50.  After using these for awhile it will be easire to clean, and it is harder to burn off.  Also, if you don't get sprayed with a little lube when you start firing, you are not using enough.
Link Posted: 7/13/2003 1:41:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks! I'll pick up some slick 50 and give that a shot. I wasn't aware 91's needed that much lube inside them, thanks for the info! :)
-Mike
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 3:45:29 PM EDT
[#3]
I would use a good weapons specific lubricant like Break Free clp or Firepower FP-10 clp.
If you want just a Lubricant/protectant then Mil-comm MC-2500 oil or LSA will get the job done.
To clean use a solvent like Hoppe's No.9,Mpro7 or the Mil-comm MC-25 cleaner.
Raymond
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 4:04:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Run motor oil in your car, and gun oil in your gun.
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 11:31:01 PM EDT
[#5]
I've been using CLP, and I wasn't too shure how that stuff would work on a 91, but I figured it would at least work since its popular for use on ar15's. So I guess that means I'll continue to use it...
Link Posted: 7/24/2003 6:10:59 AM EDT
[#6]
FP-10 C.L.P. is great stuff.I use Valvolene "Synpower" (synthetic polymer Lub) on the receiver end. I don't use corrosive, so can get away with stock removal carrier/bolt shake out and flute/chamber clean out every three range visits.
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 4:29:37 AM EDT
[#7]
I've been using FP-10 for about 6 months now in my HK-94. It lasts longer (sticks to surfaces better) than CLP, makes the rifle easier to clean and smells a heck of a lot better to boot.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top