Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/16/2020 12:02:12 PM EDT
I'd like to know are some of the originals best or is there something new out there that works best? I was given two flash hiders when I bought the rifle.

One long one that looks like a tube and I can't remember the other one but both are original.

Should I stick with them or get something better? Thanks!!
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 12:34:14 PM EDT
[#1]
There is only one original muzzle device for the STG-58, and that is the Stoll brake. It is a 4 prong device with radial fluting.

There are US made copies, to include the ugly Tapco version that has four sets of two ports instead of fork tines.

They are heavy, but they are considered the best for a STG, as well as being authentic.
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 4:47:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There is only one original muzzle device for the STG-58, and that is the Stoll brake. It is a 4 prong device with radial fluting.

There are US made copies, to include the ugly Tapco version that has four sets of two ports instead of fork tines.

They are heavy, but they are considered the best for a STG, as well as being authentic.
View Quote

About sums it up...

Forrest
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 5:05:09 PM EDT
[#3]
As said the correct device for the StG is the 4prong FH that extends over the barrel.
It’s just a FH so it won’t help much with the recoil.

DSA used to make a brake version if I’m not mistaken.. that would work better than a FH and be semi correct.

ETA:
I still have a 15years old DSA catalog

Link Posted: 4/16/2020 5:11:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

I think I have a couple of those somewhere.
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 2:32:21 AM EDT
[#5]
the best for the Stg58 after owning one for over 20 years is the Stohl.

I've changed it around and accuracy went down the drain.

The Stohl acts like some kind of harmonic balance for that part of the barrel and I think the Austrians were onto something.

One my unused Stg58 built on a DSA Type 1 receiver, it is consistently 1.5 MOA accurate and below when I do my part.

Keep the Stohl on it and run a comparison, I know the Stohl will win.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 11:38:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Arizona response systems sells a US version of the original.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 11:01:43 PM EDT
[#7]
The original equipment was pretty damn good~

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top