Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/19/2009 9:49:10 PM EDT
Not as lite as a Bill Springfield job but. Years ago I started using a lub called Tetra Lube that is a olibased ploymer firearms lub. Its just great stuff. I have two new FAL carbines from DSA and they both have heavy scratchy triggers in them. I decided what the heck an proceded to lube down the return spring and most importantly the hammer front and back along with the enternals. I let the lube run dowm the front and back of he trigger and then cycles the bolt.

Both buns were a little lighter on the trigger pull but THE CREEP and SCRCTCHY FEEl were gone. I mean smooth as wet glass. I have done Glocks and other rifles in the past this way but it made a real difference in the FAL.

SMOOTN TRIGGER!  I also di the same with an AR-10
Link Posted: 1/20/2009 1:27:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Falcon Arms also makes a Trigger Pull Reduction Kit.  I have them installed in all my FAL's and they make a difference.  Simple change of springs. Here is the link if you are interested.

FN FAL Trigger Pull Reduction Kit
Link Posted: 1/20/2009 4:53:05 AM EDT
[#2]
I installed the Falcon Arms Trigger Kit in my FAL
and was very happy with it until I got some light primer
strikes with the GGG Lithuainian ammo.

I re-installed the stock hammer spring and the problem went away.

If you use the Falcon kit keep the hammer spring stock.

EMSflyer
Link Posted: 1/20/2009 5:20:06 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm continually amazed at the consternation over FAL triggers.  A couple seconds with a buffing wheel on the engagement surfaces and they are very good.
Link Posted: 2/1/2009 8:46:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Does anyone make a decent two stage trigger for them yet?
Link Posted: 2/2/2009 8:41:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

JARD makes a two stage trigger set for the FAL. Don't know how good it is.
Link Posted: 2/2/2009 8:44:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

JARD makes a two stage trigger set for the FAL. Don't know how good it is.

Thank you.  I will call them tomorrow.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top