Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/2/2006 4:42:07 AM EDT
what are some good sights to shop for this type of weapon on the internet? i can find you just about any thing for the ak but cant find more than one site that sells fal type rifles can someone please help me out?
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 5:03:32 AM EDT
[#1]
you should look at the equipment exchange on this site, or gun broker, enterprise, DSA, atlantic firearms. This should help.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 6:44:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 10:35:00 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
what are some good sights to shop for this type of weapon on the internet? i can find you just about any thing for the ak but cant find more than one site that sells fal type rifles can someone please help me out?

What are you looking for? ( as in, what features)
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 8:55:41 AM EDT
[#4]
i am looking for a standard model not to expenive. would like an r1a1 but thats the only one i have seen in person.

ETA also would like a brake on it does not have to be threaded and i dont need a bayo lug either
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 10:03:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Look around at the local pawn/gun shops in your area.  There might be one just hanging out waiting for you to come in to take it home.

I've seen them range in price from around $500-$750.  I bought one for $550, all refinished, PAC Imbel Gear label Stg................I just saw another one in a different gunshop rusty, bore pitted, couldn't determine US parts count, wanted $770 for it.  Wouldn't budge on the price either, said "it's rare"............

I just smiled & went home to the 4 I have in my safe without saying a word.

As far as wanting a "brake", most of them are threaded so just unscrew the muzzle device & screw on the brake of your choice.  Or could get a kit, collect the necessary parts & have someone near you help screw it together.  Get some extra satisfaction from that process & learn "how it works" better too.

Your choice, but remember to check out the weapon close.  Rusty, pitted bore, no 922 compliance parts............run away scared.  No matter the price.  Nice finish (or worn, not rusty) good bore, some easily ID'd US parts for a decent price, you will have one you can be happy with.

Mark
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top