Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/4/2006 4:17:36 PM EDT
I was trying some Port '79 headstamp in my FAL magazines any they are too long the magazine is binding up and jamming (ammo is stuck down in the magazine) The South African seems fine, and the Port works just fin in my M1A.

Is there something I am missing ? Do M14 magazines just have losser tolerances then FAL mags ?

Port headstamp is BF 79 48 (+) mics at 2.830

SA mics out at 2.790
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 4:29:04 PM EDT
[#1]
I have shot hundreds of rounds of Port in my FALs and have never had any issues with it at all.  I have '79 & '80 lots and they all have ran fine for me.  What is the origin of the mag?
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 4:56:21 PM EDT
[#2]
STG58 Austrian mags 1 that came with my DSA and 10 I ordered from Interordence
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 8:54:43 PM EDT
[#3]
No problems with 79 or 80 Port headstamp with any of my FAL's.

The Austrian STG58 magazine is argueably one of the best mags available. It's quite odd that Port gives you trouble, but not SA.

If the mags were jamming with both Port and SA, I might be led to consider the mags needed to be thoroughly cleaned, but when they feed SA, but not Port - dunno what to tell you.

Try here. These guys should have some answers for you.

www.falfiles.com  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top