Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/24/2005 7:02:40 AM EDT
I had a cetme and was fairly impressed do they compare to the fn-fal and how much of a differance in shooting are they and in price?
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 1:20:28 PM EDT
[#1]
The FNFAL is a far superior weapon to a CETME. The CETME is a decent rifle and is an adequate MBR. The FN is superior in design, materials, durabilty, and accuracy.

In the current market, a good quality FN clone can be had for $650. By a clone, I mean that the upper receiver will be a replacement and if it is a post 1989 built rifle, it will have 7 of the original parts replaced with parts made in America. (The upper receiver is the controlled part rather than the lower as with AR15s)

Genuine Belgian made FNFALs bring a premium price. There weren't that many imported and there are enough "factory original" gun snobs out there to keep the price artificially high. Springfield Armory imported some FALs built in Brazil by IMBEL. IMBEL is a licensed manufacturer of FALs and they produced fine quality rifles. In fact, they are still making them. SA called their imported FAL the SAR 48 and SAR4800. SAR 4800 being the post ban version.

There are several gunsmiths that assemble top quality FALs. I would suggest that you surf on over to www.falfiles.com and search around a while.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 4:37:23 PM EDT
[#2]
You might wish to contact Derek at AZEX Arms and have him quote you a price.  He does excellent work and is less expensive than DSA.  He's built two for me.

Regards,
Gary
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 7:10:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top