Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/20/2005 10:50:06 PM EDT
I have an opportunity to pick up a really good kit, all matching #s Belgian FN FAL.  I've seen it and it is in really good, clean condition - good bore, no rust, etc.  I haven't looked at FALs in two years.  Would compare to a higher grade kit (Grade I from Dan's for example) a year or two ago.  I don't have it yet, otherwise I'd post pics.  Bottom line though, what are decent kits of Belgian factory FN FALs going for these days?

Anyone know what a fair offer to make is?  He is going to research it too, and I don't want to pay too much, but want to offer a fair price so he sells to me and doesn't go elsewhere.  
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 9:19:40 AM EDT
[#1]
StG58 kits are going for 350 from FSE USA and 329 from DSA.  Rumor has it that DSA is out of matching numbers kits, FSE says their kits are matching numbers.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 11:25:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Since I've never seen a real Belgian FN kit for sale, I have no idea what the going price would be.  Astronomical probably.  I've seen Stg, G1, Imbel, South African, inch kits from Australia, but no Belgian.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 12:45:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Update: Got it for $250.  I'll post pics after I pick it up this afternoon.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 3:40:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 7:47:21 PM EDT
[#5]
I picked up an all Belgian kit two years ago for the princely sum of $180.00.  It was non matching but all the prerequisite cartouches and markings were there......I then got tired of waiting on a Coonan reciever so I sold it for $220.00
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 6:42:42 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I picked up an all Belgian kit two years ago for the princely sum of $180.00.  It was non matching but all the prerequisite cartouches and markings were there......I then got tired of waiting on a Coonan reciever so I sold it for $220.00

If it makes you feel any better, I'm still waiting on a Coonan for a numbers matching StG kit.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 1:46:07 AM EDT
[#7]
G1s were FN builds.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 8:56:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Well.  I've ID'd it as best as I can.  It is a Belgian FN FAL 50.00 parts kit, not a G1 or StG58, but an honest to goodness 50.00, with matching #s, in really clean shape and good finish.  No paint or other crap like many of the Rhodie and RSA fals.  It even has the correct locking shoulder.  I posted pics on FAL Files and was told I did very well (to the point of several IM's asking if I was interested in selling).  It looks like it belongs with a Type I upper receiver.

I am looking to see if I can find out more history on the rifle now.

The only problem is it is distracting me from my other projects!
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 4:04:46 AM EDT
[#9]
do you have a link to the pictures, I'd like to see them if possible.

Never mind, found the post at FALFiles.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 9:25:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Cool snag. but I can't figure why someone would part out a real FN into a kit.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top