Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/27/2005 7:10:43 PM EDT
I bought a DSA SA58 Predator about a year and a half ago. It's pretty spiffy with the free float tube and the picatinny rail dust cover. Later I bought a standard handguard for it and found it will not fit the medium contour barrel because the reinforcing ribs inside the handguard simply won't allow it.

Is there a standard handguard that will fit the medium contour barrel? I'll also need it to be in Duracoat green.

Pic added. The internal ribs allow only a standard profile barrel to fit, but not a medium contour barrel. I have resorted to grinding the ribs down to make room.

Link Posted: 9/28/2005 4:23:34 AM EDT
[#1]
DSA Belgian Type Handguard

DSA have the same handguards here on their SA58 Predator.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 7:30:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Shawnr1, that is the same handguard I bought for my FAL, and I bought it directly from DSA. I'll post a pic here later to show what the problem is, but this handguard does not fit. The interior dimesnsions are not compatible with the thicker barrel.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 9:19:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Pic added to original post.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 7:23:48 AM EDT
[#4]
You can carve the profile of the barrel out of those ribs of the handguard. A dremel does this job well.
I have done this to several after being told by DSA that this is what they do. The handguards will function just fine.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top