Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/10/2005 5:59:20 PM EDT

Almost done
Just got the Weapon Art Stock from Bird Man and it is one fine work of art.
This is a STG58 Built on a Imbel reciever.
DSA trigger Group with extended selector.
ARS Brake-Almost like the real thing and also very well made.
US piston.
I am waiting for a new gas tube and it is ready to test fire.
Also getting the DSA Scope Cover
Yes it also has the other compliant parts
Most likely I have more than I need.
I think I will get a DSA Hand Guard still thinking of making it a free floater.
Waiting for the Falcon Arms Base Plate and follower kit's-From FAL File buy.
Need to figure if I should try to paint it or send it out.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 4:26:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Looks good.  How do you like the weapons art setup?  I use my STG58 as my long range 'reach out and touch ya weapon'.  I have a huge russian optic on mine.

Anyway, If that is only rilfe you need to BLAST - PARK - then Gunkote/Molykote - send it out and have a pro do it.  If you're going to do mulitples - start doing it yourself.  I love the process personally.  Here are a few pics of my parts coming out of the park tank...These will all get gunkote when I'm done here.

None of them had finish left.

Link Posted: 9/12/2005 2:06:38 PM EDT
[#2]
I just got back from the range and the FAL did not blow up so I am good to go.

After setting regulator to 4 it started working ok for American, Federal and South African Ammo.

Then I had to put the rear sight back center. It was all the way to the left and I got scared I messed the barrel time off. However, it is OK.

The Weapon Arts Stock is a Work of Art. I mean BirdMAn put lots of time into making this thing. It even has springs to push up the cheek weld piece. The ability to set for Pull of Length is easy and smooth. You could make this thing so long I was amazed.

Finish and fit is very well done. I found not one blemish or color change. Also the little cut matches up with the receiver and the taper is perfect match also. The only problem I had is that I was not able to use the iron sight with the cheek weld.

I don't have my DSA scope Mount yet so I took off the cheek Weld and had no problem. All in all the money spent was worth it. Bird Man is a great guy just to BS with on the phone. Through all of the transaction he kept me informed where the stock was. More than anything, I made a new friend. He also has some caps if you want to take the rear sight off and he has some sort of trigger pad setup. He is going to get back to me about compatibility with the DSA trigger.

Finish wise, I am going to send this one out. I am going to put a Free Float tube on and have it Painted Desert Sand or some sort of Tan Camo setup. Your stuff looks great, and if I had more to do I would start learning how to use different stuff.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 3:24:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Have Slegehammer re park it for ya here in TEXAS, he does awsome work, he hangs out over on the flafiles
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top