Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/4/2005 8:14:48 PM EDT
I need to know what accessoriesI should have  for the Para FAL  . I have seen cheek pieces and RAS for them . Scope mounts etc. Any help would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 8:25:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Start here:

www.dsarms.com/

Link Posted: 9/5/2005 1:13:58 AM EDT
[#2]
At least 10 mags per working rifle/pistol

At least 10,000 rds of ammo

A good quality single point sling

Load bearing equipment that will accomodate at least 6 magazines.

Spare complete bolt assembly that headspaces correctly with your rifle. ( Just the bolt will do, but a bolt/bolt carrier would be good)

Complete set of replacement springs or at the least, recoil, gas piston, firing pin, and hammer springs.

Link Posted: 9/5/2005 2:13:45 AM EDT
[#3]

I recommend:
- 10+ 20rd mags
- single point sling
- as much ammo you can afford

I highly recommend:
- Tactical Para Rear Sight w/ windage knob
- M249 SAW Pistol Grip
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 5:26:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Lots of ammo and frequent practice.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 6:34:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Where do I find the rail system for the front end? Does it take a gunsmith to install the sight? What would a RAS cost for the para? Mine will have the 18.5 bbl and your appears to be a 16" .That is one nice PARA.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 6:41:37 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Where do I find the rail system for the front end? Does it take a gunsmith to install the sight? What would a RAS cost for the para? Mine will have the 18.5 bbl and your appears to be a 16" .That is one nice PARA.

The only thing on an F A L that one might need a gunsmith for would be torquing the barrel to the receiver. Then only of you dont have the tools. The rear sights can be removed and installed with a flat head screw driver.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 8:06:16 AM EDT
[#7]
the handguard can be found on DSAs website....all you need to intall that and the sight is a screwdriver
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 8:13:57 AM EDT
[#8]
SCHNOOK, here is the link for the Full Length FAL Rail Interface Handguard (US021FAS).

DSA have alot of FAL parts and accessories.  Scroll through their website and check them out.  Don't spend all of your money
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 8:15:58 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 1:15:23 PM EDT
[#10]
There's a free-float rail system, and para cover scope mounts, coming soon from Grenadier Precision
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 5:51:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Schnook

Welcome to the "sickness".

As others have said I would follow up by saying;

10 (at least),  20 round magazines (@ around $3.oo to $6.00 each you can buy a crap load of them)
start with 2000 rounds of surplus ammo, add more as needed.  Also buy a good sling.

Buy a good LBE or chest rig.  Any magazine pouch that holds two M-16 magazines will hold one FN FAL magazine.  I personaly like the WASATCH Plate Carrier.

I will post pictures tomorrow.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 9:46:58 PM EDT
[#12]
I am going to put a few folks on the wall here with this post.  If you don't want your pictures reposted let me know I'll take'm down.  I only intend to help SCHNOOK find some gear.

SKD Tactical is a great place to get gear. HSGI can be found = http://www.skdtac.com/category.asp?categoryid=64

HSGI Wasatch

HSGI MOLLE Modular Pouches,  it will fit two FN FAL Mags or three AR15 mags

HSGI Wasatch (belongs to MCGEAR)

HSGI Wasatch SKD Tactical

This is QuietShooter, he has posted this and other pictures on several forums.  I am using this image to show how the Plate carriers and chest rigs ride on the body.  I think this is a Calahan plate carrier.

The PALs webbing alows the owner to "stack" MOLLE pouches on top of the built-in mag pouches of the Wasatch.  You can place pouches where you want them.  You can change the pouches from one "mission" to the next.  The Wasatch is designed to be worn over Soft Armor and provide a place to carry level IV plates.  It works well in a vehical because it straps so close to the body, and places the magazines up front, and not around your waist like the old belt'n H - suspenders.

And as a special to all of you out there, FALs in use by the USMC in Iraq.

If you search here, FAL Files, and LightFighter, you will soon have more than enough information to make up your own mind.

Most of the folks on this board are great guys, if you ask any of them some questions about their gear I'm sure they will be helpful and honest.  Find the pictures you like and then ask the guy posting them what he things of his set-up.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:38:05 AM EDT
[#13]
Were they just posing with captured weapons, or were they actually using them?
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 7:41:39 AM EDT
[#14]
Tagged...

I have a Imbel FAL kit that I also want to build as a Para (after MUCH debate and delay)...  You can see my project plans and GASP costs here:

www.quarterbore.net/forums/showthread.php?t=189

It looks like I have about $1200 or so in this project and I still need that railed forend (another $250)...  And my gun is just a pile of parts.... at least when I am done I will have some extra parts for another build as with the DSA receiver and DSA para conversion kit I will have all the US parts I need....

I don't think I ever thought I would have as much invested in a FAL as I have in my AR-10T but by the time I get done adding accessories this is going to be my most expensive non-NFA weapon I own but I am not complaining too much as this may be my only chance to build one!
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 8:52:33 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

I don't know.  Some of the weapons look new and some look to have been used.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 8:57:35 AM EDT
[#16]
At the bare minimum if you have steel hand guards, get any the glass filled nylon (plastic) ones.  The steel beasties heat up entirely to fast.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 11:04:32 AM EDT
[#17]
Go with handguards that have Rails and then use a virtical grip.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 10:18:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Have you ever tried lying prone and crawling with the Wasatch on, loaded out like that?

Quoted:
I am going to put a few folks on the wall here with this post.  If you don't want your pictures reposted let me know I'll take'm down.  I only intend to help SCHNOOK find some gear.

SKD Tactical is a great place to get gear. HSGI can be found = http://www.skdtac.com/category.asp?categoryid=64

HSGI Wasatch
img.photobucket.com/albums/v378/Wolf_Spyder/HSGIWasatchfrontpannel001.jpg

HSGI MOLLE Modular Pouches,  it will fit two FN FAL Mags or three AR15 mags
img.photobucket.com/albums/v378/Wolf_Spyder/HSGIdoublemagpouch001.jpg

img.photobucket.com/albums/v378/Wolf_Spyder/McgearHSGIWasatch001.jpg

HSGI Wasatch SKD Tactical
img.photobucket.com/albums/v378/Wolf_Spyder/WasatchOD001.jpg

This is QuietShooter, he has posted this and other pictures on several forums.  I am using this image to show how the Plate carriers and chest rigs ride on the body.  I think this is a Calahan plate carrier.
img.photobucket.com/albums/v378/Wolf_Spyder/QuietShooterCalahanParaFAL001.jpg

The PALs webbing alows the owner to "stack" MOLLE pouches on top of the built-in mag pouches of the Wasatch.  You can place pouches where you want them.  You can change the pouches from one "mission" to the next.  The Wasatch is designed to be worn over Soft Armor and provide a place to carry level IV plates.  It works well in a vehical because it straps so close to the body, and places the magazines up front, and not around your waist like the old belt'n H - suspenders.

And as a special to all of you out there, FALs in use by the USMC in Iraq.
img.photobucket.com/albums/v378/Wolf_Spyder/ParaFALinIRAQUSMC001.jpg

If you search here, FAL Files, and LightFighter, you will soon have more than enough information to make up your own mind.

Most of the folks on this board are great guys, if you ask any of them some questions about their gear I'm sure they will be helpful and honest.  Find the pictures you like and then ask the guy posting them what he things of his set-up.

Link Posted: 9/11/2005 5:11:53 AM EDT
[#19]
That's a Marine EOD unit. They were destroying captured weapons and equipment. No main force unit in the US military is going to use captured weapons to that extent. I would guess than some of those rifles came back for unit or base museum pieces. Army tank crews were using captired AK's for dismount\ground guide\security issues because tank crews typically don't get issued one M4 per soldier, only M9 pistols.  

Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/11/2005 12:03:39 PM EDT
[#20]
TXscout

Quoted:
Have you ever tried lying prone and crawling with the Wasatch on, loaded out like that?

Quoted:

img.photobucket.com/albums/v378/Wolf_Spyder/McgearHSGIWasatch001.jpg

This Wasatch belongs to a member on this forum.  I don't have one of my own just yet.  I have used several different types of plate carriers, and LBVs over the last two years.  I have settled on the Wasatch over all others.  As far as crawling with a Wasatch loaded out like the one in the picture.  I don't know.  I have not tried to crawl with one fully loaded.  I have only gone prone with the Wasatch loaded out with six 20 round magazines.  That was easy enough, for short periods of time.  I am 6' - 2" and tip the scales at a slim 250 pounds.  I am not a mall ninja or Air-softer.  How ever I have been actively playing Paintball for the last 18 years, since the late `80s.  I'm in my thirties now...  I also shoot rifle and pistol matches, or "Two-Gun matches".  So all of the addvice I offer should be sifted through to make sure it works out for your purposes.  I am not humping my gear all day in the field.  I feel the Wasatch would be great for a person who rides to and from battle in a vehical, or sits on their ass in a chair in between stages at a shooting match.

I must say, It is nice being friends with guys who make too much money.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top