Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/20/2005 8:26:11 AM EDT
Can I call DSA and ask when the receiver was made? It's marked DS219xx, the rest of the gun is all marked with SN# 620xx. Which one is the correct one for records? Shoots most excellently.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 12:47:30 PM EDT
[#1]
The DS prefix if DSA the other serial number you mention is on the lower by the selector is the original STG58 serial number.  It refers to the rifle when it was originally in Austria.  Now if that number matches the bolt and the bolt carrier and the barrel you have an all matching rifle except for the US made reciever.  This is what I have on my DSA STG58.

Oh and to answer your question, yes DSA can tell you when the reciever was made and if it was made for a complete rifle or sold as an individual part for a kit build by a third party.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 1:09:54 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
The DS prefix if DSA the other serial number you mention is on the lower by the selector is the original STG58 serial number.  It refers to the rifle when it was originally in Austria.  Now if that number matches the bolt and the bolt carrier and the barrel you have an all matching rifle except for the US made reciever.  This is what I have on my DSA STG58.

Oh and to answer your question, yes DSA can tell you when the reciever was made and if it was made for a complete rifle or sold as an individual part for a kit build by a third party.

Yes, all other parts SN# are matching, Bolt BC and BBL. I know it's a metric, and it shoots very well, It has a flash hider [big one] on the BBL which I am not sure is correct tho. Can't tell if it is threaded or welded tho I see no signs of welding. It has the gas cut off and all. So far I have just shot SA thru it which it likes very well. While the finish is not great on the outside the inside looks new, and the BBL is very very good.  I will have to give DSA a call. thank you.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top