Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/11/2005 9:51:50 PM EDT
I just got a SA kit from ammunitonstore, and it has the grenade combo device and the grenade sight.  Will a M1A2 Grenade Adapter work on this rifle?  Sroll down to see it here

I have seen people with sks's use these with a tennis ball instead of  a grenade and standard blanks.  If it does fit on the FAL would std. blanks work instead of grenade launching blanks (with the tennis ball)?

Thanks for any info.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 9:28:03 PM EDT
[#1]
I got mine today also. Pretty happy with it. Barrel is very good but had some rust on the outside of the barrel. Took my refinishing sander with 100 grid sandpaper and knocked it all off tonight. At least there wasn't any pitting. Sanded up smooth and shiny. Rifling looks good. Haven't really look at the grenade launcher or sight yet. I ordered mine from the same outfit as you did.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 5:29:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Mine has a good looking bore too, but wow there is a lot of paint on the stock and lower receiver.  Did you get one new looking mag and one beat mag?
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 9:47:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 11:34:36 AM EDT
[#4]
I guess I didn't word my question clearly.  The kit I have has the gas valve with the grenade sight, the stg-58 kit I also have has the marked valve with the G and A.  The grenade launching adapter I'm talking about is this:
www.inert-ord.net/usa03a/usarg/adapts/index.html
I have see where a tennis ball is attched where the grenade goes so you can reuse them.

My question is if these will properly fit on combination muzzle device (brake/grenade launcher) on the FAL?  Did all of these launchers, from WWII to the NATO ones, have the diameter of tube that slid over the launcher?  I found a good price on WWII era ones, but I want to be sure they will work with the FAL before I buy them.  Or I could just buy them and get a launching adapter for my Garand
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 1:07:56 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I just got a SA kit from ammunitonstore, and it has the grenade combo device and the grenade sight.  Will a M1A2 Grenade Adapter work on this rifle?  Sroll down to see it here

I have seen people with sks's use these with a tennis ball instead of  a grenade and standard blanks.  If it does fit on the FAL would std. blanks work instead of grenade launching blanks (with the tennis ball)?

Thanks for any info.

It would depend on what serie of FAL you own but late FALs or at least most of them don't need adaptors to launch grenades, all they need is the sight, a PDX round and to set the switch onto the G position to launch grenades, i'm talking about the swtich you use to dissasemble the gas system, some might have a fake non """"""""""""milspec"""""""""" switch and some have the real one, there should be G and a A marked on this part if it was the real thing.
HUNTER.

With these, just rotating the gas plug to raise the grenade sight will set the gas system for grenade launch.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 2:35:26 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Mine has a good looking bore too, but wow there is a lot of paint on the stock and lower receiver.  Did you get one new looking mag and one beat mag?

I didnt get any paint but a number on my stock. Yep one beat up mag and one which almost looks new.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 7:41:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 4:45:59 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I guess I didn't word my question clearly.  The kit I have has the gas valve with the grenade sight, the stg-58 kit I also have has the marked valve with the G and A.  The grenade launching adapter I'm talking about is this:
I have see where a tennis ball is attched where the grenade goes so you can reuse them.

My question is if these will properly fit on combination muzzle device (brake/grenade launcher) on the FAL?  Did all of these launchers, from WWII to the NATO ones, have the diameter of tube that slid over the launcher?  I found a good price on WWII era ones, but I want to be sure they will work with the FAL before I buy them.  Or I could just buy them and get a launching adapter for my Garand

OH! i understand now, but that's not the real deal FAL grenades WISE, this red lil baby of fun is
photos.ar15.com/WS_Content/ImageGallery/Attachments/DispThumb.asp?sAccountUnq=1813&iGalleryUnq=1152&sThumbnail=leofalstuff.jpg
"come and meet my little FAL antitank grenade"

HUNTER.

WOW!  That's sweet, I am hoping that the tennis ball and grenade adapter will be light enough that it will launch good with just a plain blank not the grenade launching rounds, but I just want them to play around with.  I'll just order a few next week and see if they fit.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 2:43:47 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

OH! i understand now, but that's not the real deal FAL grenades WISE, this red lil baby of fun is
photos.ar15.com/WS_Content/ImageGallery/Attachments/DispThumb.asp?sAccountUnq=1813&iGalleryUnq=1152&sThumbnail=leofalstuff.jpg
"come and meet my little FAL antitank grenade"

HUNTER.

I dont know if i trust you with such a thing. What do you do with that any way? Does it work.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 12:46:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top