Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/20/2005 10:00:27 PM EDT
Well now that I have shot mine I'm going to need some cleaning equipment,  Any recomended supplies beyond these:

30 Cal Bore Snake.
Otis cleaning kit with .30 brush and patch loop.
Some basic tooth brushes and such.

Are there any good cleaning tools that would be nice to have in addition to the basics listed?
Link Posted: 7/20/2005 11:01:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Brakleen
Link Posted: 7/21/2005 12:37:13 PM EDT
[#2]
A memory is a plus too!

To remember which way the gas plug goes back in.................
Link Posted: 7/22/2005 5:20:58 AM EDT
[#3]
A .45 caliber brush for the gas tube helps.
Link Posted: 7/25/2005 5:58:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Q-tips, a crap load of Q-tips.  There not for human orafices, ya know.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 7:42:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Wal-Mart sells bags of cotton cleaning patches for $1.98

Try an Outers bore mop (12ga) for cleaning the gas tube.  Tell us how well it works...

Large cans of military surplus Rifle Bore Cleaner often can be found for only a $1.50 a can at many gun shows.  Failing that, I used Hoppes #9 in the large bottles (much cheaper than purchasing it in the tiny four ounce bottles).

Pipe cleaners come in handy, particularly with the gas system and bolt carrier rails.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 5:59:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for those.  I think I have a 12gauge mop from another kit.  Keeping it useful for more than 5 cleanings might be interesting though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top