Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/3/2004 1:43:14 PM EDT
DSA STG58A Rifle your thoughts?

Does it make a difference with a type 1 or 2 receiver?

FAC has them $795 but do they do FFL Transfer?
Atlantic Firearms $899

Does it use metric Mags? Wheres a good place to buy them and price range?

Thanks to all.
Drone161
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 6:35:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 5:50:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Got my STG58A, Type 2, from Blaine at Atlantic Firearms. Great Service and great experience with them. Fantastic rifle.

Rick
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 5:36:17 PM EDT
[#3]
FAC will let you buy items and have them sent to your FFL. But you have to have your FFL send in a signed letter along with their license. Harlan from FAC posted a how to over on the falfiles.

Link to info

www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=94688
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 5:40:06 PM EDT
[#4]
$795.00 is dealer cost....Direct.

MT
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 6:48:22 AM EDT
[#5]
I found that out from FAC also. Try some of your FFL dealers and see what their mark-up would be. You might get a better deal.

Rick
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 8:07:42 AM EDT
[#6]
I've been looking down the barrel of some kind of gun for over thirty five years, just got a DSA STG 58a from an individual. Price was not a deal but not unreasonable either. I have about forty something guns, all WWI/II era except for an AR15 and a few shotguns. The FAL would be my for real tool if I had to use one.  It is 100% reliable, accurate as I can shoot, easy to maintain, and well worth its reputation. Last week I got MOA at 100 yds with five rounds of Australian surplus. I got the gun, a DSA scope mount (is the entire top of receiver), mounts, Springfield first Gen 14x  variable scope, scope covers, cheek rest and ten magazines for $1100. Got two 800 round cases of Australian .308 shipped from Dan's ammo for $135.

rk
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 9:18:36 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
FAC will let you buy items and have them sent to your FFL. But you have to have your FFL send in a signed letter along with their license. Harlan from FAC posted a how to over on the falfiles.

Link to info

www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=94688

Not anymore they don't. As usual, someone abused the privledge.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 9:22:40 AM EDT
[#8]
I was looking at one.  I talked with my dealer about ordering one but he needed info on where stocked and sold them.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 11:42:00 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I've been looking down the barrel of some kind of gun for over thirty five years, just got a DSA STG 58a from an individual. Price was not a deal but not unreasonable either. I have about forty something guns, all WWI/II era except for an AR15 and a few shotguns. The FAL would be my for real tool if I had to use one.  It is 100% reliable, accurate as I can shoot, easy to maintain, and well worth its reputation. Last week I got MOA at 100 yds with five rounds of Australian surplus. I got the gun, a DSA scope mount (is the entire top of receiver), mounts, Springfield first Gen 14x  variable scope, scope covers, cheek rest and ten magazines for $1100. Got two 800 round cases of Australian .308 shipped from Dan's ammo for $135.

rk

That's an awesome deal and an awesome shooting rifle!  
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 12:27:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top