Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/18/2003 12:55:45 PM EDT
Just recieved my new DSA SA58 today, very nice!

Link Posted: 7/18/2003 1:10:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Type 3 receiver eh?  Interesting choice.

I think I like the urban camo.  Was that a factory job or did you do it?

Congrats on the purchase.  You're on your way to an all out addiction.  You're probably less than 6 months away from deciding you need to build your own.
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 1:16:07 PM EDT
[#2]
My first choice would have been Type 1, and yes its factory camo (Lauer)
I purchased it used but new ,has not been fired, so I dident have the choice of recivers.
still Im very happy with it.

6 month to build nothing, I already have the bug.
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 1:16:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Looks great!

I have wanted one of those for awhile, but I can't seem to save up that much $$$.
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 1:25:32 PM EDT
[#4]
I also note you have the Israeli mag release.  Those are suposed to be pretty nice.  

The build bug will only get worse.  You may as well start buying parts now.

FWIW, I started out with a DSA, sold it to purchase a pre-ban SAR48, swithced the lower to a folder and replaced the barrel with a new para barrel.  Then, I noticed how many extra parts I had and decided to build one using the left overs.  Then, I couldn't decide on the "best" configuration and ended up building three of them.  This was completed exactly 6 months from the original STG58.
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 1:51:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Dat sho be a purty thang!

FSE makes a wide pad mag release which are even nicer than the Izzy releases.  I have one on my Izzy LB wannabee and it's great.  Gunplumber was selling them through Arizona Response Systems a while ago.  I'm not sure if he still carries them.
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 2:03:33 PM EDT
[#6]
HI,

I see a rifle like that I may go further in debt.Kev
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 12:53:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Shot the new DSA today, what a joy, super accurate out of the box and ran like a champ.
I shot Aussie and Port ammo, the Port definately had more punch to it.
Hope this dosent ruin me as far as shooting ARs goes.
Now its time to plan a build.
I would highly recommend the DSA SA58!
Link Posted: 7/23/2003 5:31:23 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Shot the new DSA today, what a joy, super accurate out of the box and ran like a champ.
I shot Aussie and Port ammo, the Port definately had more punch to it.
Hope this dosent ruin me as far as shooting ARs goes.
Now its time to plan a build.
I would highly recommend the DSA SA58!

Yeah, a FAL will just make your AR look silly, I too have fallen into that trap. Beautiful rifle. I have a DSA Type I and a Type 3. I actually prefer the type 3 w no/carry handle just preference.
CAUTION: Fal's are habit forming.
Link Posted: 7/23/2003 6:06:01 AM EDT
[#9]
I just shot mine again over the weekend.  Everytime I shoot it I'm reminded of how much I love it.
I'd love to see that design scaled down for a .223 version just to see how it would run.

Anyway, good luck, mags are cheap and plentiful, and you can shoot it all day long.  Or at least until the handguards get too hot.  Do you have metal or plastic ones?
Link Posted: 7/23/2003 7:28:39 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I'd love to see that design scaled down for a .223 version just to see how it would run.

The word is DSA is working on a .223 FAL. Springfield Armory also imported a few .223 SAR 4800s. Not sure if any were in a carbine configuration.

I just shot an HK93 clone (a kit a friend built). It was just like shooting a 91-except there was virtually no recoil. Pretty sweet.
Link Posted: 7/23/2003 9:59:53 AM EDT
[#11]
Sweet!

I have the same tiger camo on mine.

Link Posted: 7/23/2003 11:44:03 AM EDT
[#12]
Hey, nice looken guns, nice tiger stripe,
i ordered the scope mount from DSA and there having it tiger striped for me>
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top