Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/17/2020 7:54:21 PM EDT
Is it OK in an M1 Carbine?  I kinda remember it causing issues.   Thanks.

I ended up with an extra case.
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 8:48:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Shot plenty of Wolf steel case with no issues , though it does give a bit of blow back from time to time.

Link Posted: 12/17/2020 9:14:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/18/2020 12:34:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Had a friend fuck his extractor with steel case.  Then we couldn’t get the bolt apart without the bolt tool and then after a new extractor it’s reliability went downhill.
Link Posted: 12/18/2020 12:44:35 PM EDT
[#4]
it works fine in a M2
Link Posted: 12/22/2020 5:14:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Whoa, please stop the misinformation. US contractors made lots of steel cased .30 caliber carbine cartridges during WWII.
Link Posted: 12/22/2020 7:18:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Done
Link Posted: 12/23/2020 1:51:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Whoa, please stop the misinformation. US contractors made lots of steel cased .30 caliber carbine cartridges during WWII.
View Quote

One of the main suppliers was the Evansville ( Indiana) Ordnance plant. Zinc plated cases totaling 500 million rounds. Also large quantities of .45 ACP ammo produced in steel casings starting around October 1942, totaling over 3.2 Billion rounds. It freed up brass for the higher pressure cartridges like .30-06 and 50 BMG.

Another steel case ammo manufacturer was Twin Cities ( Minnesota ) Ordnance plant.

Modern steel cases have slicker coatings on them, and an occasional magazine or three in a clean firearm won’t hurt. A dirty or gritty chamber is when there might be concerns with the extractor.

Three main firearms for this cartridges is the M1, Ruger Blackhawk, and various models of the AMT Automag.
Link Posted: 12/23/2020 3:09:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Really depends on how mild the case heads are in comparison. Sheared my friend’s extractor lip right off. I changed his extractor for him.
Link Posted: 12/23/2020 9:11:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 10:16:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Wolf shoots great in my Kahr/Auto ord
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 9:59:57 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Wolf shoots great in my Kahr/Auto ord
View Quote

I'd planned on testing Wolf through my Carbines before the ammo crunch hit. I found a place blowing out Armscor brass cased right before the current panic thought at $11.99 a box of 50 so I loaded up on that instead

Maybe if we ever see it in stock again, which I don't expect for 2-3 years. .30 Carbine ammo tends to go OOP when these ammo shortages hit, after Newtown 2012 I didn't see any for almost 2 years
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 10:09:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I had no idea there was that much steel cased ammo produced in WW2. Good info.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

One of the main suppliers was the Evansville ( Indiana) Ordnance plant. Zinc plated cases totaling 500 million rounds. Also large quantities of .45 ACP ammo produced in steel casings starting around October 1942, totaling over 3.2 Billion rounds. It freed up brass for the higher pressure cartridges like .30-06 and 50 BMG.

Another steel case ammo manufacturer was Twin Cities ( Minnesota ) Ordnance plant.

Modern steel cases have slicker coatings on them, and an occasional magazine or three in a clean firearm won’t hurt. A dirty or gritty chamber is when there might be concerns with the extractor.

Three main firearms for this cartridges is the M1, Ruger Blackhawk, and various models of the AMT Automag.

I had no idea there was that much steel cased ammo produced in WW2. Good info.

Most of the stuff the Germans were making towards the middle/end of the war was steel. The  Russians started doing it also.. so.. steel has been around for a while.. just got bad mouthed why it took so long to catch on here in the states.

As you see if the US got into ..
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:49:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Mine runs tula .30 carbine best.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:58:29 PM EDT
[#14]
a little hard on the extractor
View Quote

M1 carbine = little hard on
M1 Garand = big hard on
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top