Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/13/2014 7:40:40 PM EDT
Honor Guard running out of 06 blanks used at vet funeral services.Any help would be appreciated.
1. Can someone recommend a supplier for 30-06 blanks.

2. Can someone tell us where we can get dies to reload blanks, and make those crimps on the cases.

3. Loading information for 06 blanks.

Thank You
Link Posted: 6/14/2014 4:11:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Blanks are provided free of charge to organizations  that have been issued weapons through the Ceremonial Rifle Program managed by TACOM
If you are such a Organization contact them ,I will PM info
Link Posted: 6/14/2014 6:42:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Don't have any load data but know these guys are pretty high on the food chain for mil.spec mM-1 blanks.  Most groups around here buy from these guys.

www.atlanticwallblanks.com

ETA, TACOM should provide you with a certain amount each year if you are in the program.
Link Posted: 6/14/2014 7:14:47 PM EDT
[#3]
We are loaned M 1's from an American Legion post near by. They also have provided blanks. Been saying they are running short. Several guys reload but, don't have dies for blanks. We just need to get some made up or information on dies so we can get one of the guys to reload for us. Will check out the site you recommended. Thanks.
Link Posted: 6/14/2014 9:48:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Hornady has 30-06 blank die kits. But there kinda high
Link Posted: 6/15/2014 2:48:03 AM EDT
[#5]
The American Legion Post should be able to be blanks free of charge from the info I sent you in a IM
Link Posted: 6/15/2014 2:09:32 PM EDT
[#6]
.30-06 GI blanks were loaded with EC Blank Fire powder. This isn't available commercially.
Link Posted: 6/15/2014 2:27:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Blanks are provided free of charge to organizations  that have been issued weapons through the Ceremonial Rifle Program managed by TACOM
If you are such a Organization contact them ,I will PM info
View Quote

Thank you for your help. Found the proper web site. Got a lot to do to get this off the ground. But, this is a great start.
Link Posted: 6/15/2014 2:29:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Don't have any load data but know these guys are pretty high on the food chain for mil.spec mM-1 blanks.  Most groups around here buy from these guys.

ETA, TACOM should provide you with a certain amount each year if you are in the program.
View Quote

If nothing else, we can go here and get supplied for the time being. Thank you.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 3:35:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just be careful, if you're using the GI-type blank adapters then some of the blank loads AW sells are too powerful for safe use. Might be worth calling and asking; they're pretty good about working with a customer (I've bought from them and their phone folks were always helpful)
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 8:15:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Just be careful, if you're using the GI-type blank adapters then some of the blank loads AW sells are too powerful for safe use. Might be worth calling and asking; they're pretty good about working with a customer (I've bought from them and their phone folks were always helpful)
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks. Those blanks don't look like the ones we have been using.
Link Posted: 6/20/2014 5:29:49 AM EDT
[#11]
I have one of these. https://www.ch4d.com/products/dies/bc

If you're looking to hand load, you're on your own. Not many will divulge their blank recipes. I've loaded them for reenacting and AM Legion/VFW,  but my local post had 1903's, which aren't nearly as picky.
Blank powder is not commonly available, so you've got to work it up from scratch with a commonly available powder.

BE CAREFUL! It's very easy to go overboard with powder and blow something up with hand loaded blanks, especially a blank adapted semi-auto.

For reenacting, I use Atlantic Wall. Good stuff, very reliable. Call them, and they'll get you squared away with a BFA and the proper blanks.
Link Posted: 6/20/2014 8:37:23 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I have one of these. https://www.ch4d.com/products/dies/bc

If you're looking to hand load, you're on your own. Not many will divulge their blank recipes. I've loaded them for reenacting and AM Legion/VFW,  but my local post had 1903's, which aren't nearly as picky.
Blank powder is not commonly available, so you've got to work it up from scratch with a commonly available powder.

BE CAREFUL! It's very easy to go overboard with powder and blow something up with hand loaded blanks, especially a blank adapted semi-auto.

For reenacting, I use Atlantic Wall. Good stuff, very reliable. Call them, and they'll get you squared away with a BFA and the proper blanks.
View Quote

Thanks for this information. I have turned all the information I have received here over to the founder of our Honor Guard. He will figure out which way we will go. Now it turns out the post that lends us the M1's has more blanks than we thought. We are not in as bad a shape as we thought .Thanks ,again.
Link Posted: 6/20/2014 7:11:52 PM EDT
[#13]
How do you tell a blank  from a grenade  cartridge(usgi)?

I have  some,( couple  hundred)  crimped cartridges.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top