Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/22/2013 3:25:35 PM EDT
Thinking of buying a garand  from him as his prices seem resonable. yea I know Cmp is the best deal but I dont want to join a range ect. Anybody have any opinions?? Thanks
Link Posted: 4/22/2013 4:05:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Best I can do is that I had him re-barrel and park my CMP M1 and he did a fantastic job
Link Posted: 4/23/2013 6:50:45 PM EDT
[#2]
I know they're completely rebuilt, but the prices seem high.  Or at least pre-panic high - I don't know what an M1 at a Gun show is going for now.  CMP has generally kept those prices roughly in line.

You don't have a CCW? That and $25 to the GCA...

The BM59's are really nice, though.
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 5:19:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Prices are extremely high. I wouldnt pay that much.
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 9:23:57 AM EDT
[#4]
he is high, but it is a heck of a rifle. I would not buy one unless it was his match grade in 308, if he still offers that one.
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 1:39:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Most of his prices are not that high.  Even the CMP sells their refurbished SPECIALS for $1000 and you have to wait weeks for them to process your order.
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 8:19:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Thinking of buying a garand  from him as his prices seem resonable. yea I know Cmp is the best deal but I dont want to join a range ect. Anybody have any opinions?? Thanks

Last time I checked, a signed letter from ANY range officer saying you shot was enough to qualify for a rifle.  You don't need to join a range.  25 dollars to the garand collectors association gets you a nice rifle from the CMP along with several issues of their garand publication.

I would jump through the hoops and go this route.  Take the extra money you would have spent on the grand guy's rifle and buy ammo!
Link Posted: 4/26/2013 7:30:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Review the membership requirements you may already qualify;  VFW, AL, and mil components qualify, the GCA and lots of state and local clubs are on their list.  

The GCA puts out a nice magazine FWIW.  There is another club that is pretty much just a M1 shooters asssociation, no magazine for like 15 bucks that is an associated club.  

I would buy from CMP myself.  i've bought parts from Tony and they were mostly ok, the ones that weren't he replaced without any grief.
Link Posted: 4/26/2013 2:09:46 PM EDT
[#8]
The Garand Guy can go fuck himself!  I called him two years ago looking for some parts and he acted like he could not be bothered with me because i was not looking to buy one of his overpriced rifles. Every part i inquired about he gave me the same response, ''i dont know i have to look''. After hearing that about six times i asked him if he could take a look at his inventory and see if he has the parts that i needed and that he could get back with me later. His response was '' i dont know if i will have the time to do that, besides i dont think i have those parts in stock''   Fuck you Garand Guy you rude Mother Fucker!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top