Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/29/2011 4:07:59 PM EDT
Guess what's coming out in May? A clone M1 Carbine in 22lr.  It could be a hoot to own one if it's half way decent quality.  A possible littler brother to my '43 NPR M1 Carbine.  It looks like there are going to be two versions, one with a black synthetic stock for about $235, and one with a wooden stock for about $295.  Both models are already listed with no picture on The Gun Source.

Check it out:
Legacy Sports International.
American Hunter

Link Posted: 4/29/2011 4:47:36 PM EDT
[#1]
I like.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 5:13:51 PM EDT
[#2]
I like it too.  Hopefully it looks more like the real deal than the Erma one.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 5:18:44 PM EDT
[#3]
I hope it is a well made rifle.....................I would buy it !!!
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 5:30:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Damn for that price I would sell my AR .22 conversion kit and pay another $70 and get that.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 6:25:28 PM EDT
[#5]
NEEDS 45ACP!
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 9:59:37 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm just not feeling it. I've got a few .22 rimfire rifles and a G.I. M1 carbine. This thing is close to a 10/22 in size and capability, but not nearly as versatile as the 10/22. Other than a novelty, I'm not interested.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 5:18:03 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I'm just not feeling it. I've got a few .22 rimfire rifles and a G.I. M1
carbine. This thing is close to a 10/22 in size and capability, but not
nearly as versatile as the 10/22. Other than a novelty, I'm not
interested.

Yes, I agree that it's not as versatile as the
10/22, however, in my case that's the reason I like it.  I've currently got five 22 rifles including two 10/22s.  Many of us
aren't looking for versatility, we want something to duplicate our real
M1 Carbines but at much lower ammo costs.  Look at it much like the growing popularity of the 22lr ARs
and 1911s and I think you'll understand the attraction many will have to it.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 8:33:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Only a 10 round mag?  Give me 30...  I will be in line for one anyway.  Wonder if it will have a flat bolt...
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 7:09:45 AM EDT
[#9]
iirc correctly there was a company back in the 80s that marketed a 22lr "m1 carbine".

don't remember who it was made by though.

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 7:31:31 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
iirc correctly there was a company back in the 80s that marketed a 22lr "m1 carbine".

Irma...a German company. A buddy of mine bought one just before I moved to Colo. so I never got to spend much time with it. Seemed okay but nothing real spectaular. Seem to recall it was a quality piece but had something quirky about it.  That was nearly 25 yrs ago.

Hopefully this one will be nicer/better.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 7:38:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Tag for future shopping list.  Gonna get one.  I am salvating for a Win 9422, but at $600+, not so much.  I will get this, and put it with my two other M1 Carbines.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 5:59:49 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Irma...a German company. A buddy of mine bought one just before I moved to Colo. so I never got to spend much time with it. Seemed okay but nothing real spectaular. Seem to recall it was a quality piece but had something quirky about it.  That was nearly 25 yrs ago.

Hopefully this one will be nicer/better.

Erma.  Also imported by Iver Johnson.  I had one.  Interesting but finicky little piece.  Worked ok.  Needed to be kept clean and stripping that thing down was not alot of fun.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 8:40:31 AM EDT
[#13]
I think I would just buy the stock that is cut out for a 10/22 slap some techsites on it and be done with it. Yes I know not a clone but my 5 year old wouldn't care he would be shooting a gun "like" dads.    Still that price would be awfully tempting.  Wonder if a person could fit a repro L site on it?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top