Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/10/2009 6:39:06 PM EDT
I have had a couple Springfield rifles, and a PolyTech m14S that had a bolt conversion by Warbird.  For some stupid reason, mostly the price of ammo I got away from te platform.  Lately I have been wanting another Poly even though the ammo is insane.  I guess it would be a reloading deal and more time on sight picture .  There is no hope for me I tell you.  Guess it is a good thing I am broke
Link Posted: 9/10/2009 6:52:47 PM EDT
[#1]
I had the same thoughts as you did when I got rid of my first M1A scout, then I purchased a full size because it was a great deal. Then I sold it to a friend to fund a AR10 build. [ He wanted it more than me.]

Well I just could not leave well enough alone and traded for a new M1a Scout version. I think I will just put this one in the back of the safe if I get tired of it.IIt will be cheaper to do so in the long run!
Link Posted: 9/10/2009 7:45:53 PM EDT
[#2]
The power of .308 compells you,
THE POWER OF .308 COMPELLS YOU!
Link Posted: 9/11/2009 6:33:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Hopefully, after the US military winds down their 'involvements."

Maybe, ammo will be cheap again?

Aloha, Mark

Link Posted: 9/12/2009 6:29:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Got to love the support group here!  I am at a point that a few firearms is all I want/need and the M14s is on the very short list.
Link Posted: 9/12/2009 8:13:34 PM EDT
[#5]
I don't shoot my SA M1A Standard much any more. I have tons of ammo for it and reload. But it's still hard for me to shoot-up ammo that expensive. I average 100-200 rounds a year from it is all.

So last spring I was doing my usual silliness of the grass being greener on the other side and considering selling my M1A to fund a DPMS AR in .308. I happened to be out working on a computer issue for my local PD (I do IT work for them) and some of the officers were practicing an honor guard with their M14s. All it took was a look at those sexy rifles and my love for my M1A was rekindled. Not getting rid of my "baby"... NO WAY! She's the flagship of my gun safe. I've got blinged-out ARs in there. Fancy, accurate scoped bolt rifles. And other rifles and pistols that I may fondle more than my M1A. But she's still the top of the heap and when/if the SHTF... she'll be my hard-hittin "canon" to keep the wolves at bay. The wife and neighbors can piddle around with the poodle-shooters...
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 7:30:12 AM EDT
[#6]
I sold my M1A to fund an IPSC pistol a few years ago.

I really miss it.  I've been thinking crazy thoughts, like selling my Colt SP-1 to buy another one.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 8:40:49 AM EDT
[#7]
see i went the other way . I sold my les baer to find my M1A scout . my ex wife got me the baer . and I have wanted ascout for 15 years SO ...........
it made perfect sense to me ....
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 9:08:38 AM EDT
[#8]
I'd say since the M14 isn't like an AR for instance that can be retro fitted by removing this and that on a whim it is only proper to have more than one.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 10:26:09 AM EDT
[#9]
I don't find the price diff between 5.56 and 7.62 to be a whole lot different .

Privi and DAG surp are cheaper than good 193 or 855 is at the moment around here .

If it's going to cost me 50¢+ per trigger pull , I'd rather be sending 2 or 3 times

more lead down range per squeeze  
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 11:12:36 AM EDT
[#10]
My LRB M14 order should be here in a week or so.....

22" standard weight chromed-lined barrel, GI stock, and tritium front sight.  KISS.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 11:40:48 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

22" standard weight chromed-lined barrel, GI stock, and tritium front sight.  KISS.

Damn I'm jealous. That's one of my dream rifles.

Link Posted: 9/20/2009 12:03:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Damn I'm jealous. That's one of my dream rifles.

Yeah, I'm stoked.  I put my name on his list and expected an 8 month wait, but I'm thinking because of the economy a lot of people ended up not being able to commit to the rifle when their orders came up, so it only took me ~3 months wait.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top