Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/12/2008 8:21:53 AM EDT
Gentlemen,
I have just updated both of my M1 Garand sites on the net. They have new data and Ordnance files on the M1 Garand. The site addresses are below. Here's a neat picture of mine. Can any of you tell me about it? Not Garand but just to see if you are sharp.

"You cannot invade America. There is a rifle behind every blade of grass."
Admiral Yamamoto

A Veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve, is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to “The United States of America” for an amount of “up to and including my life.”

Thanks again for taking the time and effort to read this data. I hope you have learned a little of the history of the M1 Garand.
Clancy
ps Could use some hits. I hope to have both sites update in soon. Have fun hope you enjoy and learn.
NRA Life Endowment
NRA Training Counselor
NRA Instructor
FSS 90% / BW X Speed Div by 1000 = PF

Home Page
M1 Garand Page

Link Posted: 11/13/2008 5:20:54 AM EDT
[#1]
This is my first day here, so I'm going to take a shot at ID'ing the pic.  It's a display board from a 1911, and unless I miss my guess, it's not a 45.  Possibly a pre-ciener conversion attempt in .22 cal?  Also, the pistol in the lower right hand corner is a Guide Lamp Liberator single shot .45 cal pistol developed by the OSS and manufactured by General Motors during WWII for distribution to resistance fighters in occupied France and other European countries.  It came in a box with 10 rounds of .45 ammo that could be stored in the butt, along with printed pictures for instructions.  Close?

John
Link Posted: 11/13/2008 8:34:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Sir,
Yes you are close. However, the pic of the 45 Model 1911 is real and it is a REAL SPRINGFIELD ARMORY MODEL made about 1915 as a training and display aid.
Pic taken at SA in Mass.
Thanks again
Clancy
Link Posted: 11/13/2008 2:49:57 PM EDT
[#3]
I admit I did cheat a little, as in trying to read the sign to the left of the springfield.  The one that indicates an experimental 22 somewhere on the board!  I'm taking delivery of my Garand tomorrow, and I have a feeling it's not soon enough.  

Take care, Stay safe.

By the way, I'm a new NRA Basic Pistol, Home Firearm Safety Instructor, and Range Safety Officer.
What part of PA are you from sir?  I'm just south of Buffalo.

John
Link Posted: 11/14/2008 7:22:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Sir, Great about your M1 Garand coming. I am in the Allentown area. If you have time stop by my two Garand sites I have set up. Here's the site address:
http://www.garandm1rifle.com
http://www.users.fast.net/~eclancy
Thanks again
Clancy
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 4:17:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Sir,
My compliments on your websites.  I spent quite a few enjoyable minutes perusing the data.  I did in fact take delivery on my SA Garand, and I am taking it to the range next week to see what she can do.  The stock is in rough shape, but is solid with no cracks, and it's built on a SA receiver, trigger group, NM op rod, and SA barrel.  IIRC, the serial number indicates a March 1944 manufacture date.  I feel confident that she will hold up her end of any homeland defense issues that come down the road.

Take care, and stay safe.

John
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top