User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/20/2002 3:24:00 PM EDT
I SAW SOME MAGS AT THE LAST GUN SHOW
THERE WAS NO MARKINGS ON THEM SO I THINK
THERE MADE IN CHINA. HOW DO THESE MAGS COMPARE TO THE REAL GI MAGS
Link Posted: 9/20/2002 4:11:25 PM EDT
[#1]
According to Fred in Shotgun News, they are as good as USGI. But what were the ID markings on them?
Link Posted: 9/20/2002 4:17:47 PM EDT
[#2]
know of any place to get pics??
I highly doube these are from China. They are most likely from Taiwan or Hong Kong
Link Posted: 9/20/2002 5:15:37 PM EDT
[#3]
NO ID MARKS ON THEM
Link Posted: 9/20/2002 9:41:07 PM EDT
[#4]
I've bought a few of the magazines without markings and haven't had a problem.
Link Posted: 9/20/2002 9:51:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Those unmarked mags that have a separate welded on part for the mag catch, just like the USGI ones do, ARE from Taiwan. They are made on Winchester machinery that was bought by the Taiwanese from Winchester back in the late 60's. They are just as good as USGI ones and are properly heat treated however, due to the battle ship gray color of the parkerization they are not as nice looking as the dark USGI originals.
Link Posted: 9/20/2002 9:51:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Don't know about the M1/M1A but I bought 40 of the grease filled Chinese M14 mags in 1997 for $19 ea. & had Armalite convert them for my AR10s.   Got a box full of gold now!
Link Posted: 9/21/2002 11:18:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Anyone know who is selling these Chinese mags?
Are they any cheaper?
Link Posted: 9/21/2002 9:35:03 PM EDT
[#8]
since these mags work as good as GI and everyone knows it.  there is generally not much of a price break on them.  the only way i can tell them apart is y the color.  it is a lighter gray.  rather than the dark gray or black of GI M14 mags.  FWIW  while they work 100% the chinese seem harder to load than GI for me on my slow-fire highpower stages.
Link Posted: 9/27/2002 7:37:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Many USGI mags have VERY faint markings and people are fooled cause they can't see the marks.  Wet your finger with saliva and moisten the area to bring out the faint marks. (Know to M14/M1A collectors as the "spit test")
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top