Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/18/2006 6:45:08 PM EDT
Guys

I had no idea that the CMP Garands and 1903A3s are almost dried up?  Are they out of sources?

Man 700 bucks for a Garand?  Wow I am glad I got in at 500.

Max
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 6:55:56 PM EDT
[#1]
?

Service Grades still are 500.

Field Grade are 395

Rack grades are 350

*** It is estimated there should be enough for another year or two....  or a little longer.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 7:15:00 PM EDT
[#2]

M1 GARAND SERVICE GRADE
Service Grade Rifles are Genuine U.S. Government rifles manufactured 45 to 60 years ago that meet the Army criteria for issue to a soldier for overseas service. Most have been rebuilt/refinished one or more times and many have seen use by military personnel. That use is exhibited by worn and mixed colors of the metal finish, some minor pitting on the metal parts, and wood that is basically sound but may have minor hairline cracks and nicks and bruises or gouges that do not affect function. The three wood components may vary in type of wood and condition. Metal parts and components may be a combination of different manufacturers. Barrels have a gauged throat erosion of less than 5 (well within U.S. Army standards) with considerable useful life remaining. Some of these are not pretty rifles, but each is authentic. Condition varies from good to very good.

NLU DESCRIPTION PRICE
R001GK-WRAS* M1 Garand, Winchester SOLD OUT - not accepting orders - 1/24/06    $700
R001IHC M1 Garand International Harvester SOLD OUT -not accepting orders - 1/24/06    $750
R002WRAV** M1 Garand,Winchester, VAR Barrel SOLD OUT - not accepting orders - 1-26-06   $700
R004SA* M1 Garand, Springfield Armory Delivery in 60-90 days......$500

I got 1 IH which is now 750.  My Springfield Armory rifle is 500 bucks still.

There are no 1903A3s.  I wonder how much longer until these things completely dry up.

Max

Link Posted: 4/19/2006 1:45:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Weird, I just verified the prices at www.odcmp.com/Services/Rifles/m1garand.htm before I posted.  Now they are listed at what you posted.  

I *think* that is a mistake since I haven't seen any warning about a price increase.  Also no talk about it on the CMP forums.  Rack and field grades are still the same.  
Hmm...
Link Posted: 4/19/2006 2:36:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Late April is when CMP likes to "adjust" their price structure.  It is possible you got a preview.
Link Posted: 4/19/2006 5:32:15 AM EDT
[#5]
There are supposed to be a bunch more of the Danish for sale next year. Not sure what the price will be then.
Link Posted: 4/19/2006 1:34:47 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
There are supposed to be a bunch more of the Danish for sale next year. Not sure what the price will be then.

Orest posted a couple of weeks ago, That the danish would go on sale in a couple of months. He said there would be a few thousand.

Now I find myself checking every day for the danish to post.
Link Posted: 4/19/2006 3:09:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Ok, I must have been asleep this morning...

It appears the prices are the same as they were.  

SA Service Grades are still 500.  The other service grades were that price last December when I was getting ready to place my order.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top