Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/11/2006 11:53:50 AM EDT
I'm starting to research M1As and I'm wondering what the length of pull on the M1A Scout is.

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 12:10:11 PM EDT
[#1]
If it has a GI stock with a GI buttplate it should be the same as a standard - I think it's 13.5 inches.
Someone will know the exact LOP
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 12:41:50 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
If it has a GI stock with a GI buttplate it should be the same as a standard - I think it's 13.5 inches.
Someone will know the exact LOP

Hmmm. If that's true, then its LOP is the same as an AR with an A2 stock. I hope it's actually shorter, like an A1 stock (5/8" shorter than an A2).
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 2:01:45 PM EDT
[#3]
LOP on a USGI stock using a USGI butt plate is 13.25 inches. With the Masen black rubber recoil pad it is just under 14 inches.

Karsten
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 2:06:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the info Karsten.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 2:07:04 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I hope it's actually shorter, like an A1 stock (5/8" shorter than an A2).

Quoted:
LOP on a USGI stock using a USGI butt plate is 13.25 inches.

My guess was pretty close, maybe Karsten can shorten the LOP for you...

I have an 18" rifle being built and it will sit in a Cali-SAGE with an 11.5" LOP.
PICTURE
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 2:43:41 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I hope it's actually shorter, like an A1 stock (5/8" shorter than an A2).

Quoted:
LOP on a USGI stock using a USGI butt plate is 13.25 inches.

My guess was pretty close, maybe Karsten can shorten the LOP for you...

I have an 18" rifle being built and it will sit in a Cali-SAGE with an 11.5" LOP.
PICTURE

Actually I have shortened the LOP up to 2 inches by sectioning the stock and putting it back together. This way you can still use the USGI butt plate.

Karsten

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top