Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/11/2006 11:01:26 AM EDT
I have the money saved up to purchase a correct grade SA or H&R Garand. The questions I have are: Is the finish on the rifle going to be USGI park or is it going to be the greek black that I have seen in the forums? Next question: Which one to buy? And last question: Should I request anything on paper as far as dates etc... when I order?  Thanks,Gunman
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 12:22:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Correct Grade Rifles are mechanically the same as Service Grade but show less wear and have all correct parts and metal finish as shipped from the manufacturer, with appropriate inspector's cartouche on the stock. Finish may be worn, but will be 80% or better. Wood may have minor dings and dents.

* These rifles were loaned to the Greek Government and later returned to the U.S. Army. These rifles have all USGI parts and  wood. Rifles do not have import marks.

The Greek black would not meet the criteria in blue. Remember, correct does not mean original. The CMP may have swapped a few parts around to make the rifle correct. This means finish/wear  on the parts might not match.

Link Posted: 2/12/2006 6:08:28 AM EDT
[#2]
I have 3 CMP Correct grades. 2 HRA and 1 SA. All of these were purchased late in 05.

All have GI park and look almose new. I have a CMP Field grade SA that does have the dark Greek park. It shoots great.

YMMV
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 11:44:41 AM EDT
[#3]
I have finished filling out the papers for my correct grade order.  I have decided to go with the H&R.  I had bought a service grade back in 1996 and a bunch of m14 parts in 1999. Since I have a customer number and appear to be in the system, about how long should it take to get my rifle?  I would think it would be a little faster than if someone wasn't already in there computers.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top