Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/3/2006 3:30:48 PM EDT
I'm certain it's been brought up before, but the forum's search function is effectively worthless.

Any links and discussions pertaining to aftermarket .308 Garand barrels? A Google search only seems to yield links for services that add barrels to a preexisting rifle.

Any help you can give would be much appreciated.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 7:32:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Well...I don't know if you can find a .308 Garand barrel, but do like I am. I'm going to get a rack grade from CMP. If you call Springfield Armory, they will rebarrel it for you (30.06 or .308) headspace it, gauge it put a block in it (if getting .308) test fire it for 209 bucks. Not a bad deal and they use a Wilson barrels. I gotta SA Service grade M1 and now want one in .308. Those people at Springfield are nice. I talked to a Kim...sounded hot too!!!

Ken
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 7:44:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Don't know about links, but, Brownells.com has new short chambered 308 barrels for the M1 in stock. Charles.  
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 4:08:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Steve,

Don't for certain if this is what you are asking, but there are several makers of .308 chambered M1 barrels at this time.

Douglas-Barnett (medium weight, choice of 4 or 6 groove)
Wilson     (GI contour, 4 groove)
Criterion  (GI contour, 4 groove)
Citadel     (GI contour, 4 groove)
Kreiger   (GI or heavy contour, 4 or 6 groove)

I personally have two .308 M1's.  One has the Douglas medium contour with 6 grooves.  The other has the Wilson.  Both are great shooters.

Best regards,
Swampy

Garands forever
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top