Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/29/2005 2:16:50 PM EDT
Ok I have a Polytech M14s with a post ban fake flash hider and bayonet lug milled off.  What I would like to do is remove it and add a pre ban flash hider with the bayonet lug.

Has anyone done this?  What steps do I need to take to remove it?  Is there a tutorial anywhere that I missed?

Thanks
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 2:59:01 PM EDT
[#1]
On The USA imported models, the FS screw is welded on.  You will need to cut the welds to allow the nut/FS to be spun off.  

Before installing the New USGI FS nut, lube the treads and spin it on/off the threads to mate the metric to inch threads a few times.

P.S. Don' forget to remove the front allen retainer set screw before trying to spin the FS Nut.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 6:26:16 PM EDT
[#2]

...and don't forget to install enough compliance parts to make this a legal conversion...
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 6:44:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Never mind.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 7:25:08 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
...and don't forget to install enough compliance parts to make this a legal conversion...

You know what I didn't even think about that.....

If I simply replace the fake flash hider with a real one and a bayo lug, then will it become illegal?  Will I need to replace other parts to make it legal?

This could be more trouble than I thought....
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 7:39:33 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You know what I didn't even think about that.....

If I simply replace the fake flash hider with a real one and a bayo lug, then will it become illegal?  Will I need to replace other parts to make it legal?

This could be more trouble than I thought....

I responded to your PM.  For everyone else, look here for further information:

www.ambackforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=21217
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top