Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/4/2005 4:35:09 PM EDT
After a lot of research I'm sold on this model and am in the process of buying one.  It has all the benefits of the Springfield SOCOM 16 and the Sage stock plus it provides for the use of AR-style stocks (which also shaves over 1 lb. off the weight).  Link here: http://sageinternationalltd.com/si/newprod/EBRM4-M16VARIANT.pdf

I don't think I've ever seen a post here at ARFcom of this particular model?  For those of you that own one, how do you like it?  What do you feed it?   Anyone with a SOCOM 16 in a standard Sage EBR, I'd be interested in your feedback as well.  Of course, any and all pics are welcome, too.

Thanks!

Will
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 7:14:34 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I don't think I've ever seen a post here at ARFcom of this particular model?  For those of you that own one, how do you like it?  What do you feed it?   Anyone with a SOCOM 16 in a standard Sage EBR, I'd be interested in your feedback as well.  Of course, any and all pics are welcome, too.
Thanks!
Will

Will, contact the folks over @ TacticalWorks I'm pretty sure they are running an 18" in one of those varient stocks.

Here is a SOCOM in a buffer tubed SAGE.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 11:05:20 AM EDT
[#2]
The only disadvantage may come when you mount optics.  They will ride high and you'll want the adjustable cheek rest of the standard SAGE stock.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 4:20:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the sweet pics, H2O-Man!

S-R, yeah, the adjustable cheekpiece option is nice, but I think I'll be OK with a slightly higher cheekweld if neccesary.  I plan to use a non-magnified optic that I can mount lower than I can mount a variable power scope anyway (either my Aimpoint in a low ARMS mount or EOTech).  I could also opt for a true "scout scope" mounted forward on the stock later.  

ETA--I was just looking at pics of M1As here in standard stocks and it doesn't look to me that the drop of the stock (am I using the right term? I mean the vertical distance from the top of the stock comb to the sighting plane of the iron sights) of a Sage EBR M4 CQB stock is any different than a standard stocked M1A.   In fact, after eyeballing the pics a bit more, the collapsable stock Sage may actually have a slightly higher cheekweld than than the standard stock, especially since it's straight (where the standard stock slopes down slightly toward the buttstock). Anyone know for sure?  

Will
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top