Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2005 12:27:17 PM EDT
I have three magazines that I want to know if they are military magazines.  Two of them have BRW and S-1 below on them.  The third has OM on it.  All markings are on the back of the magazines.  any help would be welcom.
Bob
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 1:39:42 PM EDT
[#1]
BRW  is Borg-Warner , OM is Olin Mathieson (Scott A. Duff's book the M14 owners guide pg.116 ). yes these are USGI mags . I'll give ya $2 each on them!
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 2:42:44 PM EDT
[#2]
If the magazines are less than two years in your possession you need to be careful.  There are fake "W", "OM" and "BRW S-1" marked magazines out there.  There are pages and pages of research on this topic on other boards.

Here's a quickie acid test though for magazines marked W, OM and BRW S-1.  Look for ONE and ONE ONLY weld dimple around the square hole on the front side.  This ONE weld dimple needs to be to the right of the square hole as the magazine follower is up and the floor plate is down.  Also, if you can't load twenty rounds into the magazine, the spring is not USGI.  If the follower does not have three EVENLY and NEATLY place weld dimples to attach the follower stop it is a fake USGI follower.

There's more to it but that's the Quick Start Guide to USGI M14 magazine identification.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 6:04:15 PM EDT
[#3]
RHunter sold me some fake ones (2)
He tries to sell them as real and sells them for 25 ea
when I questiones him about the 3 dimples it had he wouldnt respond
I tried 3 times to get an answer

Link Posted: 9/16/2005 8:46:59 AM EDT
[#4]
SINCE TRAUMALEVEL1 CLAIMED HE PURCHASED 20 RD. MAGS AND HE IS IN N.J., IT LOOKS LIKE HE BROKE THE LAW.  
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 9:35:44 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
SINCE TRAUMALEVEL1 CLAIMED HE PURCHASED 20 RD. MAGS AND HE IS IN N.J., IT LOOKS LIKE HE BROKE THE LAW.  

If the mags are illegal in NJ and you know that and still shipped them, didn't you also break the law?
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 9:38:08 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
RHunter sold me some fake ones (2)
He tries to sell them as real and sells them for 25 ea
when I questiones him about the 3 dimples it had he wouldnt respond
I tried 3 times to get an answer

If you have an issue, post your case in the Equipment Exchange Feedback thread to let the moderators and others know.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 10:26:22 AM EDT
[#7]
I DO NOT SHIP COMPLETE 20 RD. MAGS TO NJ.  I HAVE NEVER SOLD MAGS TO THIS PERSON. HE HAS PUT NEGATIVE COMMENTS ON MY LISTINGS AND NO I WILL NOT ANSWER HIM. I HAVE REPORTED HIM, BUT NOTHING HAPPENS.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 5:39:27 PM EDT
[#8]
WHAT'S WITH ALL THE SHOUTING?
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 6:54:26 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I DO NOT SHIP COMPLETE 20 RD. MAGS TO NJ.  I HAVE NEVER SOLD MAGS TO THIS PERSON. HE HAS PUT NEGATIVE COMMENTS ON MY LISTINGS AND NO I WILL NOT ANSWER HIM. I HAVE REPORTED HIM, BUT NOTHING HAPPENS.

So, the BRW S1s you sell have one or 3 dimples on them by the front hole?
You sell them as USGI and they have 3 dimples on them.  
I say they are fakes and you never responded to my posts or IMs

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top