Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2005 11:44:57 PM EDT
Well it is late and I am realy bored so time to bust out pics.

the carbine with the stock pouch is my 2nd rifle my mom got it for me when I was 6 so I have had it for over 20 years.   I have shot alot of rounds through it.  It is an Inland made in 44.  It is an arsenal rebuild with all correct rebuild parts (If all the books are correct they replace 3 parts) that match the marks on the stock for Aleghany Arsenal.  the cartouche is still on the stock. I have really taken care of this one.

The second one in the lighter wood is an other Inland about a year younger than the first one I think 43 sometime. This is the rifle my wife shoots she loves. it.   It is an import but still a nice rifle.  I enjoy the hell out of both of them.  I think somebody touched up the wood cos it is a bit too nice but also it has all the proper marks on the stock.

Anyway since there seems to be alot of Carbine talk lately I figured I would post these.
James

Link Posted: 9/16/2005 5:57:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Nice!!! I love those little rifles!!
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 6:11:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Nice lookin pair of War Babies you have there
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 10:45:46 PM EDT
[#3]
I have always had an affinity for M1 carbines, but have never owned or shot one. What is the current ammo market for 30 carbine?
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 7:42:06 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I have always had an affinity for M1 carbines, but have never owned or shot one. What is the current ammo market for 30 carbine?

Wolf is making some now.
But I haven't had the guts to try it in mine.

Ammo ain't cheap, that's for sure.
I'm trying to get into reloading.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 8:26:14 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

WWB, UMC, S and B.

There's tons of it.  And it's not that expensive.  Compared to 9mm, yes it's expensive, but not compared to .45 or any rifle caliber.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top