Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/3/2005 10:44:14 AM EDT
Hello All,
My first post in the Armory.  I have an M1 Garand in the 800,000's.  It's a blue sky import from Korea.  I paid about $200 for it back in the early 90's.  It's my baby.  It's beat to hell but shoots great.  However, reading all these things about the CMP has finally made me go for an order.   I blaming all of you.  I'm going for a SA Greek Service Grade.  Here is my situation.  I'm currently a active duty Marine in California.  So reading through all the FAQ's and requirements.  I need to complete the following.

Passport for proof of U.S. Citizenship. (birth certificate is still in safe deposit box.  unavaliable)
Passport can also be used for proof of age.
Military ID used for CMP affiliated organization.
Military ID also used for Firearms related acitivity.
Order form and Purchase agreement signed by notary.

Send this package to CMP for order.  Did I miss anything?

Semper Fi,
RS

UPDATE
SA Rack Grade Greek on top.  SA Field Grade on bottom.

I think the Field grade has the original barrel on it.  
SN: 3699746
Barrel: 1 S-A -4-45
The stock is being refinished as we speak.  

Link Posted: 9/3/2005 1:41:33 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Passport for proof of U.S. Citizenship. (birth certificate is still in safe deposit box.  unavaliable)
Passport can also be used for proof of age.
Military ID used for CMP affiliated organization.
Military ID also used for Firearms related acitivity.
Order form and Purchase agreement signed by notary.
Did I miss anything?

Everything looks good except when looking at the CMP eligibility requirements it doesn't say anything about a Military ID taking place of the CMP affiliated club. So you will have to be a member of a CMP affiliated Club and you will have to provide proof of membership like a membership card or a letter from the club stating that you are a member in good standings. Your Military ID does take place of the firearms related activity. Everything else looks good. Once again make sure you are a member of a CMP affiliated club and send proof of membership to the CMP otherwise you might run into trouble. Thanks Arvin
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 2:43:38 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Everything looks good except when looking at the CMP eligibility requirements it doesn't say anything about a Military ID taking place of the CMP affiliated club. So you will have to be a member of a CMP affiliated Club and you will have to provide proof of membership like a membership card or a letter from the club stating that you are a member in good standings. Your Military ID does take place of the firearms related activity. Everything else looks good. Once again make sure you are a member of a CMP affiliated club and send proof of membership to the CMP otherwise you might run into trouble. Thanks Arvin

Thanks for looking over this.  I don't want to screw up my first time ordering.  I could be wrong or the site might be. I pulled this out of the FAQ part of the site.  It says,

I’m in the U.S. military. Am I still required to belong to an affiliated club?
No. The military services are special affiliates.  A copy of your current/retiree  military ID card serves to prove as membership in a CMP affiliated organization.

I'm going to call and confirm.  I'll order next week and see what happens.   I'll post pics when it arrives.  Hopefully all of this will not take to long.

RS
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 3:47:27 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I pulled this out of the FAQ part of the site.  It says,

I’m in the U.S. military. Am I still required to belong to an affiliated club?
No. The military services are special affiliates.  A copy of your current/retiree  military ID card serves to prove as membership in a CMP affiliated organization.

RS0802,
I don't know where you found that but if you look at the eligibility requirements it says you have top be a member of a CMP affiliated club and must show proof. Here is a link to the CMP eligibility requirements page. www.odcmp.com/Services/Rifles/eligibility_requirements.htm. I did look at the FAQ's and the CMP needs to redo them since the eligibility requirements and the FAQ's have different things in them. I would still call and make sure that what you read is right just in case the FAQ's are wrong. Thanks Arvin
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 6:49:48 PM EDT
[#4]
I just wanted to give an update.  I spoke with staff at CMP about what was needed for active duty personel to order from them.  Your military I.D. counts for both your CMP affliated club and proof of marksmanship.  I'm sending in a copy of Passport, Military I.D. and order form.  That's it.  I was really shocked at how easy it was.  Thanks Arvin for the help.

RS
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 6:47:45 PM EDT
[#5]
I updated the post with pics.  I ordered 9/7 and received 9/12.  Not to bad if you ask me.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 3:14:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Those are some nice looking rifles.  I'm reading flags of our fathers now.  Wow.  What a legacy for freedom you marines have.  Thank you for serving.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 11:07:02 PM EDT
[#7]
They look good.....Congrats

Now stock up on M2 Ball ammo and en-bloc clips
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top