Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/15/2005 2:58:06 PM EDT
It was factory bedded, am I not supposed to take it out?
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 3:08:48 PM EDT
[#1]
It's not suggested but you can. Grab the side of the trigger guard toward the butt of the rifle and pull toward the rear and away from the stock. If you're still having a hard time you can use something to pry it to the rear with care.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 3:37:29 PM EDT
[#2]
The hole in the back of the trigger guard was ment for inserting a tool to pry the guard open.  Mine are tight too.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 3:40:37 PM EDT
[#3]
they are tight....I like tight
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 5:36:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Best advise for NM, Super Match or any bedding M14/M1A is to just leave it together and clean it that way. Some with the NM/SM I have heard have never taken their's down and others only do it if absolutly needed and that is maybe 1 time a year if that.

Congrates on hte new rifle

Karsten
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 5:47:04 PM EDT
[#5]
I got it apart and lubed the trigger group.  I plan to take it apart once a year at most.  It was just neat to see how tight ALL the parts were fitted.  Springfield did a heck of a job.  
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 6:58:47 PM EDT
[#6]
If it has a Boyd's stock, its tight because their stocks are oversized, not because of any gunsmithing prowess of Springfield Armory.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 8:22:56 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Best advise for NM, Super Match or any bedding M14/M1A is to just leave it together and clean it that way. Some with the NM/SM I have heard have never taken their's down and others only do it if absolutly needed and that is maybe 1 time a year if that.

Congrates on hte new rifle

Karsten

Yep good advice, I've got a Springfield M1A NM(with all USGI parts),  with a bedded action, and I've never removed it from the stock. It is glued in real good, and if you remove it, it could cause little specks of the bedding to break loose and fall into the stock, and those wrecking your bedding job.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top