Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/19/2004 2:32:19 PM EDT
Hooray, Finally shot the garand today. I was able to get groups about 1 inch and 2 inches at 100 yards. Even hit the bullseye some. I was useing surplus ammo. Twin cities 1956 production ammo. which i picked up at the gunshow. Id like to shoot some commercial through to garand to see what groups i can get in the future, but for now, im positive at 100 yards i could hit a man sized target, or smaller.

And i love the Ping! but i believe my clip ejector? is wearing out, because it doesnt throw them out, sometimes it does, but sometimes they fall back into the clip well. Or only partially leave the gun.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 4:59:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Clean your barrel quick.  That ammo is very close to the date of known corrosive ammo and your barrel sounds worth keeping.  
Your 1" and 2" groups sound so good, I would not change ammo.  Shooting higher pressure commercial ammo coud ruin a good thing.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 6:14:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Ill clean it, ugh. I hate corrosive ammo, supposedly the chart on Fulton armorys site says its not corrosive. due to them switching primers on their ball ammo in 1950, 6 years should have been  enough time. Also, it didnt smell like it was corrosive, atleast all the corrosive ive shot smelled incrediably nasty. This smells like the Lake city 1990's production .45 i shot before. But ill clean anyway.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 2:11:28 AM EDT
[#3]

1 and 2 inch groups at 100 yards is amazing accuracy with iron sights and MilSurp ammo, at least in my experience.  

You really do have a keeper...congrats...

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top