Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/5/2004 9:16:09 AM EDT
I have a synthetic GI M14 stock that I just got from Fred. A really, really nice stock I might add. For $45, I am way more than satisfied. However, I'd like to fill the selector cutout. I am sure you guys have done this. What's the best material to use? Automotive fiberglass resin? Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 9:18:14 AM EDT
[#1]
there is a dummy plug u can get i just saw a post about it on the florida shoters network maybe one of the fla crowd might have a link will see if i can find it for you
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 9:20:53 AM EDT
[#2]
here ya go

http://floridashootersnetwork.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php3?t=3479
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 9:29:51 AM EDT
[#3]
IF YOU DONT WANT TO GO THAT ROUTE I HAVE USED ACRAGLASS FROM BROWNELLS WITH SOME OF THEIR BROWN DYE........WORKS PRETTY GOOD
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 10:07:42 AM EDT
[#4]
www.sparrowhawkm14.com

dummy selector  kits
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 11:49:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks guys
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 12:54:39 PM EDT
[#6]
I use Bondo-Glass. Available at Wal-Mart for $7 - $8 in the Automotive section.

I've done MANY synthetic M14 stocks with it, works great.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 2:31:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 2:33:00 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
If you are going to paint the stock, any good epoxy/fiberglass will do.  Although I have installed them in the past, I think the faux selector levers a bit stupid, and not worth the trouble.  YMMV.

I agree. The fake selector is gay. Thanks for the input.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 8:05:14 AM EDT
[#9]
Fake selectors, although i havent used one yet,  fit the bill for those trying to make a USGI repro. or keep the look as much as possible etc.

If it aint your cup of tea use something else.  No need to insult those that choose to use one.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top