Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/23/2003 1:00:51 PM EDT
Gents,

I have my brand used M14S.  I already have a preban M1A and postban M1A and I was wondering if I had to do anything else to the GI synthetic stock it's sitting in.  It looks and feels tight but I am not too sure if there is something else I have to do.

Also does anyone know about the flashhider threads and if they are compatible with the GI castle nut?

Thanks

max
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 2:10:35 PM EDT
[#1]
It should be just fine in a GI fiberglass stock.
The Flash Hider threads are metric on the chinese barrel and are close enough that a GI castle nut will work but be carefull not to strip the threads when tightening.. If your carefull about cutting the weld you should be able to re use the chinese one..
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 2:34:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Maxell27,

The oprod spring guide retaining pin is kept in place by the stock.  The Polytech's have a shorter retaining pin than a Springfield, and it can come loose during reloading if there is too much clearance on the right hand side of the stock.  To check this, remove the action from the stock and the remove the oprod spring and guide.  Leave the retaining pin open and try to install it in the stock.  If you can install it in the open position it can open while reloading.  Fill it with JB weld or similar in the same fashion that you would fill a selector.

Take Care,

Tony
LAW483 Project Stocks
[email protected]
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 8:31:28 PM EDT
[#3]
What LAW483 says is true.  Here's an alternate solution.  Replace the Chicom connector lock (retaining pin) with a USGI connector lock.  If you're careful you can usually pull the connector lock pin from the connector lock using a pair of needle nose pliers.  Then slide the connector lock, install a USGI (correct length) connector lock and carefully tap in  the connector lock pin.  

I recommend www.fulton-armory.com or www.m1garand.com for the connector lock and connector lock pin.  
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 9:28:28 PM EDT
[#4]
My Polytech m14 and my son's came with a stained wooden stock. It looks and shoots good.
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 6:18:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Gents

Thanks for the help.  This is what I love about this site.  

Thanks again and have a Merry Christmas.

MAX
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top