Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/12/2003 5:54:03 AM EDT
How practical is it to build a Garand from parts like you would a AR-15?  I see them in the $1,000 price range and up.  The cheapest I've seen one is $700.  I can't afford that (sob) but I could afford doing it part by part but I don't know if that is a realistic idea or not considering I am not an expert gunsmith.  Anyone do this?  How hard is it?  Where would I look for some good info on how to get started to make sure I don't mis-step and buy inferior parts.  Thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 6:09:12 AM EDT
[#1]
how about 500 from the CMP?
i love mine.  it's worth every penny.
cheaper and easier than trying to build one!
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 4:23:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Heck, how 'bout $400 for a "Rack Grade" from CMP?  

-- Chuck
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 9:31:23 AM EDT
[#3]
I have seen lots of nice racks come out of the CMP.  The rifles are nice too!
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 3:06:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Oh man,I'm kicking myself for selling the Korean Import M1 Garand I bought when I was in high school for $260.!Live and learn!!
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 3:22:58 PM EDT
[#5]
I love my CMP Garand.  Probably my favorite firearm.  Not only for the history, but because it is a very accurate shooter.  I'm hoping to get another one for my birthday in April.  Best $500 I've ever spent on a firearm.
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 9:53:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Earlier this year, my son was bitten by the "Garand Bug", at a local gunshow.

A few months later we received our CMP Garands, after having a fantastic time at the qualifying match and meeting a lot of great people.

To me, my Garand is worth a lot more than the $500 I paid for it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top