Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/1/2003 12:20:27 PM EDT
am i wrong?
I thought this was an unusually great deal.

Too bad I live in Kalifornistan, and cannot buy one.

www.cheaperthandirt.com/ctd/product.asp?dept%5Fid=1219&sku=MAG%2D358&imgid=&mscssid=AWETHHHE92JR9LC1VDM9NR9AN5C01768
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 12:23:53 PM EDT
[#1]
never, run forest run
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 12:25:06 PM EDT
[#2]
The only M1A mags worth a damn are USGI and Chinese-made 20-rounders. The Chinese-made ones were made, believe it or not, on U.S. tooling that was sold to them. Thanks again, Klinton, you ratf**k...

Anything else is unreliable. Sad, but true...
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 12:48:14 PM EDT
[#3]
oh.

I had no idea.
I am new to the m1a, and wasnt informed on the crappy mags.  I just saw it was way cheap. Now I know why.

Thanks for the info gentlemen.
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 12:59:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Definitely stay away!  I have 5 of those in the 20 rnd version.  They fall out of the rifle under recoil, but other than that they function just fine!  Live and learn...
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 11:53:32 AM EDT
[#5]
these are great...if you are using them to return to Armalite for AR10 mag conversion.
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 12:39:56 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
these are great...if you are using them to return to Armalite for AR10 mag conversion.

Sweet!  That will work?  Like I said, I have 5 of them and I'm getting the new SEBR so that would work well for me...
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 11:01:55 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sweet!  That will work?  Like I said, I have 5 of them and I'm getting the new SEBR so that would work well for me...

i believe i read in one of the armalite tech bulletins that they were only modifying USGI or ChiCom mags and were sending commercial "cheap" mags back without modification.
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 8:55:38 PM EDT
[#8]
You do not have to send the original mag to Armalite anymore (READ Industry/ArmaLite forum). Armalite kit provides follower, plunger, and body, you provide spring and floor plate...then retain the cheap mag body to prove you are not creating a new mag.  Why waist a good USGI body, buy the cheap crap and keep the good one for spare parts.    
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 9:03:40 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
You do not have to send the original mag to Armalite anymore (READ Industry/ArmaLite forum). Armalite kit provides follower, plunger, and body, you provide spring and floor plate...then retain the cheap mag body to prove you are not creating a new mag.  Why waist a good USGI body, buy the cheap crap and keep the good one for spare parts.    

That's EXACTLY what I was thinking.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top