Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/14/2012 4:41:28 AM EDT
I put a USGI stock on my rifle so I could use the iron sights and I didn't like the hole where the selector switch goes and I wanted to fill it by putting the select fire parts on. I got a hold of sparrowhawk and sent in my money. The guy there was extremely rude and acted like spoiled kid so I got my money back, which wasn't easy in itself. I bought the parts, made my own attaching block and put them on. There was quite a bit of trial and error till I got the mount to stay where it should be but it turned out good, and the switch  rotates 360 dgrees Here it is.

Here is a few shots of the aluminum block I screwed into the wood and JB welded the linkage mount to.

Link Posted: 3/14/2012 5:09:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Well as you can see in this picture I made hand carved wood filler blocks and epoxied them in place. Then I refinished the stock. You can see where I did it but you cannot feel it. It's been that way for decades now.
Link Posted: 3/14/2012 6:15:33 AM EDT
[#2]
I was going to add all the select fire parts on one of mine but didn't like the switch sticking out.  I just used to round knob to fill the hole.
Link Posted: 3/15/2012 6:50:50 AM EDT
[#3]
I have a usgi glass stock for mine.  I've always intended to fill the hole with epoxy and paint the whole stock in olive green and sand.  One of these days.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top