Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/3/2021 1:08:01 PM EDT
Im looking for an extreme weather ss 7mm-08.  None exist in the white world.  When du fuq will Winny make some more?
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 2:16:56 PM EDT
[#1]
When the Japanese get off their asses and ship and or make some?
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 3:12:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

They still make them?  I thought that was old stuff and now they were made stateside or Portugal or something.
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 4:55:58 PM EDT
[#3]
They will make more when FN feels like making more. USRAC went bankrupt and FN ended up with the tooling and the rights to the Winchester brand name for firearms. Makes them all over the world, and some even in North Carolina. Olin still owns the Winchester brand name for everything else, like ammo.
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 10:10:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

Winchesters are assembled in the FN Portugal plant.  I don't think the Japanese have anything to do with like the Browning X-Bolt.  I know some parts like the barrel and receiver are forged in the FN Belgium plant.
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 4:49:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Miroku (Japanese company) has made the lever action Winchesters - except for the 1894 models - for decades now. Started under USRAC, FN has continued to contracts. The 1885 falling block rifles, the models 1892, 1886, 1895 rifles have been made in Japan for decades. Model 1894 hasn't been available at all from FN, but maybe in the future it will also be made by Miroku in Japan and sold here by FN.
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 7:51:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Miroku (Japanese company) has made the lever action Winchesters - except for the 1894 models - for decades now. Started under USRAC, FN has continued to contracts. The 1885 falling block rifles, the models 1892, 1886, 1895 rifles have been made in Japan for decades. Model 1894 hasn't been available at all from FN, but maybe in the future it will also be made by Miroku in Japan and sold here by FN.
View Quote

I know.  I've owned a few Winchester lever rifles made in Miroku.  They're exceptionally built.  I was speaking towards the Model 70 which is assembled in Portugal and where parts are made in various other factories.
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 8:11:47 PM EDT
[#7]
So when will they be available?
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 9:34:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
So when will they be available?
View Quote

There's one available here: https://gunstuff.tv/product/winchester-guns-70-extreme-tungsten-7mm-08-rem-51-22-charcoal-gray-fixed-bell-carlson-stock-tungsten-gray-cerakote-right-hand/

I think they're phasing out the standard Extreme Weather since they now have the Tungsten version and a brand new Extreme Weather model for 2021 that comes with a factory muzzle brake.  So finding one of the original ones may prove challenging now.  You'd have to get the tungsten model or wait for the new muzzle brake variant.  The new variants usually start circulating around late Spring/early Summer if I recall right.
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 12:36:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

There's one available here: https://gunstuff.tv/product/winchester-guns-70-extreme-tungsten-7mm-08-rem-51-22-charcoal-gray-fixed-bell-carlson-stock-tungsten-gray-cerakote-right-hand/

I think they're phasing out the standard Extreme Weather since they now have the Tungsten version and a brand new Extreme Weather model for 2021 that comes with a factory muzzle brake.  So finding one of the original ones may prove challenging now.  You'd have to get the tungsten model or wait for the new muzzle brake variant.  The new variants usually start circulating around late Spring/early Summer if I recall right.
View Quote

Yeah.  Fair enough.  Really want stainless.
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 5:32:32 PM EDT
[#10]
I've been looking to get a hold of either a Winchester or a Browning in the new 6.8 Western, but not a single shop anywhere has one in stock.  That leads me to believe they were never had stock to begin with, so when is Browning gonna ship the new guns out?
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 8:09:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I've been looking to get a hold of either a Winchester or a Browning in the new 6.8 Western, but not a single shop anywhere has one in stock.  That leads me to believe they were never had stock to begin with, so when is Browning gonna ship the new guns out?
View Quote

two weeks?
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 12:07:48 AM EDT
[#12]
There's also the Savage "Weather Warrior" series stainless rifles.  I think they recently changed the name from "Weather Warrior" to something else though.  I've owned two and still have my second one, a 116 FCSS Weather Warrior .30-06.  It's one of my "will never get rid of" guns.  Not because it's fancy but just because it's a near perfect affordable and versatile hunting rifle that I never have to worry about.  Although they've gotten more expensive since I bought my last one they are great rifles for the money.  Excellent accuracy out of the box and I've put mine through weather hell with no rust and no problems.  I would like to find one of the new style Accu-stocks with the adjustable comb height and length of pull for it like the newest versions have, that's the only change I'd make.

It's an option at least if you can't find your Winny.
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 12:26:15 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
There's also the Savage "Weather Warrior" series stainless rifles.  I think they recently changed the name from "Weather Warrior" to something else though.  I've owned two and still have my second one, a 116 FCSS Weather Warrior .30-06.  It's one of my "will never get rid of" guns.  Not because it's fancy but just because it's a near perfect affordable and versatile hunting rifle that I never have to worry about.  Although they've gotten more expensive since I bought my last one they are great rifles for the money.  Excellent accuracy out of the box and I've put mine through weather hell with no rust and no problems.  I would like to find one of the new style Accu-stocks with the adjustable comb height and length of pull for it like the newest versions have, that's the only change I'd make.

It's an option at least if you can't find your Winny.
View Quote

Yep!  It seems they are consolidating everything under the 110 series of rifles.  I believe the replacement for the 116 Weather Warrior is now the 110 Storm.  I'm somewhat of a traditionalist in that I prefer the 116 series over the newer stuff.

They still have some of their specialty rifles from the 12 series and their 25 Varminter rifles, but everything else seems to just be moving under the 110 line going forward.

The new Accu-stocks are real nice.  I felt one and it was very solid feeling... and that is coming from someone who hates synthetic stocks and prefers wood.  Most synthetics just feel chintzy to me.  A couple of the few exceptions I've handled are the Model 70 Ultimate Shadow stocks and the new Accu-stock.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top