Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/9/2018 1:03:31 PM EDT
I am eagerly awaiting my E-Filed Form 1 to return and had a question. Can I run the original handguard? I can't seem to find any pics of that setup so now I'm not sure.

I plan to pick up a Midwest Industries down the road but until then will it work?

For clarification I will be using a Bushmaster 10.5" barrel assembly with the 51t flash hider.

Link Posted: 12/9/2018 2:06:38 PM EDT
[#1]
No, the handguard will be too long. If you’re interested, I have one that’s cut down for a 10.5 barrel. PM me your email and I’ll send you pics.
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 2:21:53 PM EDT
[#2]
^^ like he said its too long.I tried doing the same thing and the inside of the teeth for the ratchet mount are inside the handguard.You could jam it on but the accuracy would probably be terrible and the handguard would probably melt.
Link Posted: 3/10/2019 11:21:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Well my stamp finally came in and I didn't have another hand guard to try so here she is with the original.

Certainly would not work with a can but nothing is touching the heat shields or inside of the hand guard. The flash hider slots are ahead of the hand guard as well.

I'm gonna run it and see how it works.
Link Posted: 3/10/2019 1:29:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Yep. 12.5" looks nice with the stock handguard though. I'll be having a 16" cut down shortly for exactly that.
Link Posted: 3/10/2019 9:38:05 PM EDT
[#5]
I think it looks pretty sweet! I just neat bigdog mine to get a new 10.5 faxon barrel installed. I’ll pick up the MI hand guard eventually, but the OG hand guard looks pretty cool!
Link Posted: 3/11/2019 5:39:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Looks pretty sweet BigRix!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top