Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/25/2022 5:28:36 PM EDT
I'm a lefty and just got my first can (YMH Turbo T2) approved last week. The gas wasn't terrible but I just saw an ad for the t-bone where set screws can direct gas to he off side. Anyone tried one? It's fairly cheap at under $40.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/25/2022 9:35:31 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a LH ejection Stag.
I had gas eye with my mid length pinned 14.5” using a can.

The adjustable Strike Charging Handle you are advertising didn’t help with. LH discharge !

Keep looking
Link Posted: 4/26/2022 7:19:27 AM EDT
[#2]
You can: drill holes in a Std CH, RTV the juncture, get an adj gas key, get an adj carrier, get an adj gas block, play with weights and springs, etc.
Many options to mitigate or eliminate gas to the face.
Link Posted: 4/26/2022 7:33:50 AM EDT
[#3]
That CH would hurt my sternum.
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 8:44:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You can: drill holes in a Std CH, RTV the juncture, get an adj gas key, get an adj carrier, get an adj gas block, play with weights and springs, etc.
Many options to mitigate or eliminate gas to the face.
View Quote

@User55645

I’ve been shooting supressed for 20 years and never understood the “gas eye” until this evening, when I finally put together and shot my FM9 with a .45 tiRant. Had to get a 1/2 x 36 to 1/2 x 28 adapter to make it work, and was glad because it extended the connection out enough that I didn’t have to try to fit my fat, long can under the rail.

So, I must address this situation.

What is the EASIEST remedy?

I won’t be adjusting weights, springs, gas blocks, keys, or carriers.

Is there a fuctional replacement CH? I normally wear eyegear when shooting, but stepped out in the yard to play with my new toy...
Never loaded, never fired, why put on eye protection with an unfamiliar firearm

Does drilling holes in a cheap CH make a difference?

Thanks for helping an oily eyed noob

Sorry OP for the thread drift
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 12:36:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 8:25:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Add to that, drilling a hole in the underside of the FA.
Personally, I prefer the solution which keeps gas from coming back. Therefore, you wouldn't need to redirect it away from your face. But, give those a try and you should have decent results.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 9:06:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
@User55645

I’ve been shooting supressed for 20 years and never understood the “gas eye” until this evening, when I finally put together and shot my FM9 with a .45 tiRant. Had to get a 1/2 x 36 to 1/2 x 28 adapter to make it work, and was glad because it extended the connection out enough that I didn’t have to try to fit my fat, long can under the rail.

So, I must address this situation.

What is the EASIEST remedy?

I won’t be adjusting weights, springs, gas blocks, keys, or carriers.

Is there a fuctional replacement CH? I normally wear eyegear when shooting, but stepped out in the yard to play with my new toy...
Never loaded, never fired, why put on eye protection with an unfamiliar firearm

Does drilling holes in a cheap CH make a difference?

Thanks for helping an oily eyed noob

Sorry OP for the thread drift
View Quote

You really should consider a heavier blowback buffer, delays the extraction long enough for pressure to drop.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 4:51:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

You can do the hole and RTV combo pretty cheap. Almost free if you already have RTV sitting around, and really easy. I’d give those two things a shot.
View Quote

What is RTV?

And I’m researching a heavier buffer.
Found a Spike’s ST-9X... GTG?

Is there a specific area, or areas, to drill holes in the CH?

Link Posted: 5/14/2022 5:34:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 6:12:17 PM EDT
[#10]

Hole drilled, vast improvement!

Now, where do I place the goop?
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 9:11:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Now, where do I place the goop?
View Quote

Poor Man's Gas Buster
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 9:20:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Just remember with a 9mm, it’s a blowback design so gas busting will not be as helpful.  

Most of the information in this thread helps a lot with 556 or other DI designs.   You may need to look into doing all these mods or getting a higher volume can or a less blow back can for 9mm.

Full auto 9mm out of an AR style gun is a real tear jerker.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 10:05:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 10:07:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 11:42:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Yeah, I totally hijacked the OP’s thread, sorry ‘bout that.

I’ve a coupla .556 and .300blk that have been shot a ton, didn’t get the gas-eye ‘til I went 9mm.

Think I’ll try a heavier buffer, too.

This is with a .45 can, I imagine a 9mm would be worse.

Thanks for all the help, y’all, OP pm me and I’ll send a pmag
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top