Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/14/2021 5:16:11 PM EDT
Was looking at the WTT kits and their 7.5 tit kit goes for $600, and one would still need to purchase an end mount

Kinda pricey compared to other similar tit kits, but the baffles do appear to be a little more complex than simple shirt/cones.

Who here had one, what are you using it on, and how do you like it?

Link Posted: 2/14/2021 9:07:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Firearm platform?
Fire schedule?
Barrel length?
Caliber?
Velocity?
Expectations?
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 11:21:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Was looking at the WTT kits and their 7.5 tit kit goes for $600, and one would still need to purchase an end mount

Kinda pricey compared to other similar tit kits, but the baffles do appear to be a little more complex than simple shirt/cones.

Who here had one, what are you using it on, and how do you like it?

View Quote

I was thinking about one of his 5in FLO kits for a 9mm can for use on a few pistols but it is indeed a bit on the pricey side + as you mentioned a mount / booster.
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 2:13:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Firearm platform?
Fire schedule?
Barrel length?
Caliber?
Velocity?
Expectations?
View Quote

Good point. New to cans, so don’t even know which bases I need to cover yet.

Most of the use will be subsonic 300 bLk either on a 8.5 pistol or a Remington 700 with 16” barrel.

As far as expectations, Since I’m new to this I doubt my expectations are going to be very high honestly.

I might fire an occasional super out of the 300blk, and it would be nice if I could put it on a 308 bolt, but the overwhelming majority of the use will be on the two hosts listed in the first line.  

I would like to build it for subsonic 300 Blk use but want it to be strong enough to use hold up to super, even though I realize that performance won’t be spectacular if I gear a build towards sub blk

I see lots of people pointing at different cones and saying what they are called, but no one really seems to say what style cone is better for which intended use.

The WTT cones definitely look different than say, the super Duper cones from the OK sign guy

Link Posted: 2/16/2021 9:03:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Have you ever visited here?
The member "Silencerstudent" has a Patreon and Youtube account where he builds and meters (w/ a mil-std unit) all the latest designs.
From just the latest videos, the Super Dupers are doing very well.
I'm not yet sold on the Flo kit.
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 12:29:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Have you ever visited here?
The member "Silencerstudent" has a Patreon and Youtube account where he builds and meters (w/ a mil-std unit) all the latest designs.
From just the latest videos, the Super Dupers are doing very well.
I'm not yet sold on the Flo kit.
View Quote

Yes I’ve been lurking there for a couple of months. Kind of reminds me of pirate 4x44. Everyone acts like they know everything but nobody really wants to answer simple questions that newbs have.

I have watched a few of silencer student’s videos. For example, his cone video he just tells you the different styles and degrees, but does not ever go into which works best in which application, if that makes sense.

I guess I’m not sure what a patreon account is so I need to Google that so I can look into his patreon account. I have seen a few people over there mention that he has one. Similar to a YouTube account?
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 12:47:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Yes I’ve been lurking there for a couple of months. Kind of reminds me of pirate 4x44. Everyone acts like they know everything but nobody really wants to answer simple questions that newbs have.

I have watched a few of silencer student’s videos. For example, his cone video he just tells you the different styles and degrees, but does not ever go into which works best in which application, if that makes sense.

I guess I’m not sure what a patreon account is so I need to Google that so I can look into his patreon account. I have seen a few people over there mention that he has one. Similar to a YouTube account?
View Quote

Yes, Patreon is sort of like Youtube, which he has as well. However, Patreon is a paid membership. The benefit being that he uses that money to pay for new silencers/designs, which he tests and provides members with the data. The basic membership is $10/month (which you'd really only need a single month of) and well worth the price (it's extremely reasonable). Just sign-in to your Patreon, go to his channel, and watch the more recent vids. You'd have the workings of a great build in about an hour ;)

The reason the simple questions get ignored, usually, is because they've been asked and answered ad nauseam. It can clutter up the forum and detract from the newer, more up to date builds.
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 4:10:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Makes sense.

The search feature there works about like the one here.

That said, I’m mod on an ATV board and I want to strangle the “What kind of oil do I use?” and “can I run xx” tires with no gear reduction?” guys, so I get it.

Thanks for the help! I’ll try that patreon thing
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 6:18:03 PM EDT
[#8]
I just need to know if the FLO kit can be downsized to 5" and still be decent.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top