Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/24/2016 12:12:53 PM EDT
It's the same device covered in this thread:

http://www.ak47.net/forums/t_4_80/160321_.html&page=1&anc=1365896#i1365896

I'm wondering if I can put it on a form 1 to make it legal. Is there any way to do it without having a license to manufacture?

Link Posted: 1/24/2016 12:59:29 PM EDT
[#1]
When you form 1 no diagrams are needed, I wouldn't admit I had that device tho. You just form 1 a suppressor and when you get approved you can build whatever you want (wink wink).
Link Posted: 1/24/2016 1:28:23 PM EDT
[#2]
I suppose all I would have to do is engrave it then.

I'm wondering if I could buy a "deactivated" PBS-1 from this european company and then do a form 1, then once it's approved, remove the welds or whatever is deactivating it.
PBS-1

Alternatively, I could make my own AK suppressor from the maglite kit on a form 1, and hopefully the iron sights on the AK are high enough? I like iron sights.

I bought a Hunter 30 cal suppressor, but I'm reluctant to use that on my AKs without being absolutely sure that I won't get a baffle strike. That suppressor is still in ATF jail though.
Link Posted: 1/24/2016 5:02:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Actually, on further consideration I don't think the "Night" suppressor is as effective as a full size suppressor. And since it's $175 with shipping, I may as well just build my own suppressor on a form 1 from a maglite kit. I think I'll go that route. I don't want to get into any legal issues either.
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 12:34:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Actually, on further consideration I don't think the "Night" suppressor is as effective as a full size suppressor. And since it's $175 with shipping, I may as well just build my own suppressor on a form 1 from a maglite kit. I think I'll go that route. I don't want to get into any legal issues either.
View Quote

Mag light kit? Guh! Just save up a little more and buy a factory suppressor. Unless you're doing to for a project in which case have at it.
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 10:08:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Actually it's not a maglite, but an aluminum tube that comes in the kit. It has no button hole.

I appreciate you taking the time to respond to my topic. However, aren't a lot of the homemade suppressors just as effective as a factory-built one?

I bought a Harvester 30 suppressor to put on my AR15. It's still waiting for the tax stamp before I can take possession of it. I wanted to make a suppressor though, and make it such that I can easily repair it if it gets a baffle strike. Then I can use it on my AKs without worrying about baffle strikes ruining an expensive factory-made suppressor.
Link Posted: 1/26/2016 1:03:46 AM EDT
[#6]
I wouldnt use aluminum tubing for a Form1 suppressor. Id go steel or titanium depending on how much you wanted to spend on it. There are several Form1 threads in this forum in rdgard to building your centerfire suppressors. Id strongly suggestvreading those before buying anyones "kit". My stainless form1 .30cal suppresor cost me $150 in parts and an hour of my time forming baffles and drilling holes +$200 tax of course.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 8:37:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 1:34:58 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Mag light kit? Guh! Just save up a little more and buy a factory suppressor. Unless you're doing to for a project in which case have at it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

With the potential for barrel not concentric. Why spend $4-800 on a 30 cal can, when you can build one for $175~   My F1 with tax stamp is $250 less, easy,  than a commercial unit. Also no baffle strikes on the AK's i'm set up to run suppressed.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 5:49:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Actually it's not a maglite, but an aluminum tube that comes in the kit. It has no button hole.

I appreciate you taking the time to respond to my topic. However, aren't a lot of the homemade suppressors just as effective as a factory-built one?

I bought a Harvester 30 suppressor to put on my AR15. It's still waiting for the tax stamp before I can take possession of it. I wanted to make a suppressor though, and make it such that I can easily repair it if it gets a baffle strike. Then I can use it on my AKs without worrying about baffle strikes ruining an expensive factory-made suppressor.
View Quote

Factory made or form1 build doesn't matter, you will NOT be able to repair it legally.

Only properly licensed manufacturers are able to do so.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 12:06:37 AM EDT
[#10]
Good point, Jim. I agree. I didn't buy this Night muzzle device. I'm building my own suppressor instead. I'm waiting on my form 1 to get approved. I hope it doesn't take too long.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top