Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/19/2019 12:28:50 AM EDT
At the moment, I don't really have a lot of free time to try to get it back into working order.

Can any of you guys in the know recommend a shop that I could send this off to?  I'd just like to get it in working order again so I can plink in my basement with it.

I know it may be more expensive than just buying something new, but well, this is Grandpa's and he isn't around any more so it means a lot to me.

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 1:14:38 AM EDT
[#1]
DIY
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 1:28:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
DIY
View Quote
Thank you for the reply - but its missing parts and whatnot, and Crosman shows that none are available for purchase.  It looks like I could get some off ebay to cannibalize, but that is really more than I want to deal with now.
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 8:00:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Thank you for the reply - but its missing parts and whatnot, and Crosman shows that none are available for purchase.  It looks like I could get some off ebay to cannibalize, but that is really more than I want to deal with now.
View Quote
I picked up a used crossman at a garage sale..something was jammed in the barrel and it broke when I was trying to get it out.
was a nail..contacted crossman who offered no support BUT did offer me a DEEP discount on a trade in for a NIB rifle..
so I Fo'd. I know you have grandpa's memory there..but there's little chance of repairs. buy a new one, hang his old one
over the basement range in memorial.
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 9:27:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I picked up a used crossman at a garage sale..something was jammed in the barrel and it broke when I was trying to get it out.
was a nail..contacted crossman who offered no support BUT did offer me a DEEP discount on a trade in for a NIB rifle..
so I Fo'd. I know you have grandpa's memory there..but there's little chance of repairs. buy a new one, hang his old one
over the basement range in memorial.
View Quote
I think that is what I'll probably have to do, but I'd like to give it a shot (pun intended).
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 6:30:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Anybody that can repair it would likely need you to supply parts with it.

Alliance Hobby has rebuild kits here
Link Posted: 4/27/2019 7:02:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Tim McMurray is not the only guy who knows old Crosmans inside and out, but I doubt there is anybody better.

https://www.mac1airgunshop.com/
Link Posted: 11/8/2019 10:18:56 PM EDT
[#7]
38T was my grail gun when I was young.  Used to look at it at Kmart every time we went in there.  It was the only true single/double action pellet gun on the market.  I would say look for one on ebay like you said.  Then you have the parts to supply to someone who can do the work.
Link Posted: 12/1/2019 12:12:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Tim McMurray is not the only guy who knows old Crosmans inside and out, but I doubt there is anybody better.

https://www.mac1airgunshop.com/
View Quote
Another endorsement for Mac-1

If you want turnkey service and no excuses, send it to Tim.
Link Posted: 12/1/2019 12:44:27 AM EDT
[#10]
Baker Air Guns has rebuilt 3 vintage hand me down air rifles for us. Fantastic service and very reasonable prices.

Link Posted: 12/2/2019 11:05:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Baker Air Guns has rebuilt 3 vintage hand me down air rifles for us. Fantastic service and very reasonable prices.

https://i.imgur.com/7FmonxW.jpg
View Quote
Beautiful Daisy 1894 “Spittin’ Image”
I always like them
Link Posted: 1/10/2020 1:55:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/7FmonxW.jpg
View Quote
My parents gave me a Daisy Buffalo Bill model 50 years ago for Christmas. I shot it until it broke into pieces, man I had a lot of fun with that thing.
Thank you for the memory :-)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top