Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/23/2018 7:57:41 PM EDT
I started this thread on Perfect union.  Has links to websites and threads, and pictures on identifying aftermarket Mini-14 magazines including: USA Magazines, PMI, Federal Ordnance (PMIs with no markings on floor plate), McCoy, Thermold, Ramline, Masen, Western, Scherer. Bingham, Pro-mag, Triple K, and Eagle.  Most of those are pre-ban, so it is a good resource.  I checked, and opened the page without logging in, so it should work for everyone.  I had 9 magazines I bought back in the day that I always thought they were PMI, but turns out through the resources here was able to determine that they were actually early USA Magazines with no markings on floor plate.

Hope this helps someone.

Identifying Aftermarket Mini-14 magazines
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 11:57:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 12:15:25 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a few of the Ram-Line dual-purpose AR-15/Mini-14 mags, and have discovered that Magpul Gen 2 mag springs are an exact replacement for the originals.  Still waiting to test the new spring in a Mini, as I lack one.
Link Posted: 12/27/2018 2:02:51 AM EDT
[#6]
IMHO the best high capacity mags made for the Mini 14 were from PMI.  The stainless ones I had worked 100% of the time and seemed much tougher than even factory Ruger mags.  The company itself (PMI) went out of business long ago, but every once in a while you will run across new in package ones for sale.

A quick google search found a place that is selling them (NIW) for $40 each.
https://franksgunstuff.com/product/pmi-ruger-mini-14-30-round-ss/
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 11:08:02 PM EDT
[#7]
I had very good luck back in the day with USA Magazines in both the Mini-14 and Mini-30.  While I now use only Ruger factory 20s and 30s in the Mini-14 (though I  have a USA Magazines 40 for it, too), I still have 6 of the USA 30 rounders for the Mini-30: two nickel and 4 blued, from when I carried it s an LEO trunk weapon in the 1990s.  I also have Ruger factory 20s for the Mini-30.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top