Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/13/2017 1:33:19 PM EDT
So, I've got some straight Mini-14 mags coming to add to my collection as I've heard from others that they are working out well. I previously got a Choate front sight/FH that I've narrowed the front blade to .050" wide to keep my 'NM' like irons going.  However, I've been holding off on installing it to make sure I like the vibe it gives.  In addition, I've decided that I'll let my gunsmith tackle that job as he has the tools to ensure that the unit is installed and aligned correctly, what with Ruger's famous very hard steel and my limited machining tools I don't want to risk a crooked front sight. 

As my gunsmith is backed up with hunting and Christmas work, I've decided to hold off on giving my Mini to him until after the first of the year so that he has the time to get it done expeditiously.  However, I want to see what it will look like prior to going ahead and starting the work so I took one of Ruger's pictures and doctored it to look like my current configuration with the Choate HG, shortend buttstock, and Accu-strut and then further, I modded the picture to add a straight mag and the Choate FS/FH to see what the finished package would look like.  I think I'm going to like it.  What say you?  Think it's got that M14 vibe going?

Link Posted: 11/13/2017 10:18:28 PM EDT
[#1]
What straight mags are you talking about?  The only ones I knew of were the 6.5 run.
Link Posted: 11/14/2017 12:56:51 PM EDT
[#2]
CDDN had (now out of stock again) some more OE brand straight Mini-14 mags.  Many who have tried them found that they worked 100% as delivered and those that didn't just needed to tweak the followers to get them to work correctly.  They were selling for $12.99 and many who have them on Perfect Union claim they are better made than Ruger's.

They look like this:

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top