Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/1/2016 2:13:53 PM EDT
I am about to file my first form 1. My trust was established in Utah, but I am currently stationed in Florida on PCS orders. Would my engraving read "Explainyourface Trust, city, Utah" or "Explainyourface trust, city, Floida"? I feel like it should be the former due to consistency with the original trust, but can see the alternative as well. Thanks for your help!
Link Posted: 1/1/2016 2:26:10 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm sure someone with more experience will chime in but, I believe that you are supposed to engrave the City, State where the SBR is "made". So if you will be assembling the rifle in FL you would engrave FL. If you wanted it to matchup with your trust I suppose you could take your parts and go on a trip to Utah and put it all together then come back....but then you probably have to do interstate transport forms and what not. Hopefully someone will correct me if I'm wrong.
Link Posted: 1/1/2016 2:51:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 5:33:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Excellent, thanks for your help. One last thing... The name of my trust is "The Explainyourface Trust", but for th purposes of the ATF, I should apply only as "Explainyourface Trust", ommitting "the", correct?

I was reading that they don't want "the" in the application or in the engraving.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 5:52:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 6:26:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Got it. "The" is in the title. As this is my first form 1 gun, I may just submit the form with the full title, wait for approval and then have it engraved... I was planning on engraving before the form 1 was sent but may just do that for future SBRs.
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 6:33:37 PM EDT
[#6]
If I were you, I'd file a copy of your PCS orders sending you to Florida with your trust.  It will help avoid "explanations" if the question of why a Utah trust made an SBR in Florida.  During my entire military career, I kept extensive records of when and why I moved for a bunch of reasons (trying to finish a college degree while on active duty often leads to the same sort of "why did you move" questions).  It can't hurt.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top