Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/1/2013 3:24:09 PM EDT
Have a rather odd question for you guys.

Do "SBR" & "SBS" restrictions only apply to cartridge firearms?

Been kicking around the idea for a long time of getting some kind of black powder firearm for a while, and came across this today:

It's a double-barrel, double trigger pistol made by Pedersoli. Instantly fell in love with the gun.

I also see that the offer a bolt-on stock, to convert it to shoot like a short-barreled shotgun.

I know typically, if you were to add a stock to a Glock for example, it would turn into an SBR and need all the paperwork.

Since black-powder guns don't have all the same laws as "cartridge style" firearms, I am curious if the SBR and SBS laws carry over as well, or if they are totally separate categories.

Thoughts?

EDIT: Here is a pic of one assembled:

EDIT II:

I found this on Cabelas website. No mention of any SBS requirements or ATF paperwork. HERE is the link to the Cabelas page.

Link Posted: 4/1/2013 3:32:52 PM EDT
[#1]
AFAIK, they don't do a background check on blackpowder. Cabela's sells them to anyone over 18, 21 if it's a handgun
Link Posted: 4/1/2013 4:19:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Muzzleloaders are not considered "firearms" per ATF.
Attach the shoulder stock and have fun

http://www.ecfr.gov/cgi-bin/text-idx?c=ecfr&SID=8d721cd3dbb3542e6f85d3600000dc11&rgn=div8&view=text&node=27:3.0.1.2.3.2.1.1&idno=27
Antique firearm. (a) Any firearm (including any firearm with a matchlock, flintlock, percussion cap, or similar type of ignition system) manufactured in or before 1898; and (b) any replica of any firearm described in paragraph (a) of this definition if such replica (1) is not designed or redesigned for using rimfire or conventional centerfire fixed ammunition, or (2) uses rimfire or conventional centerfire fixed ammunition which is no longer manufactured in the United States and which is not readily available in the ordinary channels of commercial trade.

Firearm. Any weapon, including a starter gun, which will or is designed to or may readily be converted to expel a projectile by the action of an explosive; the frame or receiver of any such weapon; any firearm muffler or firearm silencer; or any destructive device; but the term shall not include an antique firearm. In the case of a licensed collector, the term shall mean only curios and relics.
Link Posted: 4/2/2013 8:00:25 PM EDT
[#3]
That's pretty sweet looking. Doesn't look inexpensive. Looks quality, and that should equal $$$.

Is that the case?
Link Posted: 4/3/2013 9:12:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Man, that coach gun from Cabelas looks cool! I want one!
Link Posted: 4/3/2013 9:23:01 AM EDT
[#5]
How do blackpowder shotguns load. Bags of shot loaded after the powder? Or do you load a cotton wad after you pour the shot down?

And if you fired solid shot, what calibre would that be?
Top Top