Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/19/2010 12:18:22 PM EDT
I noticed that new replacement bolts for the Rem 700 have a notch on one of the lugs.  Will these bolts work on the older model 700 that did not have a notched lug bolt?
Link Posted: 10/20/2010 3:09:32 PM EDT
[#1]
They should.

The notch in the newer bolts is for the anti-bind rail that is cut into the action so they slotted the bolt lug to ride this rail.  New bolt in an old action just wouldn't need this slot since there is not anti-bind rail in the older actions.
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 4:24:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I noticed that new replacement bolts for the Rem 700 have a notch on one of the lugs.  Will these bolts work on the older model 700 that did not have a notched lug bolt?

If you want a bolt that doesn't have the notch, contact Dave Kiff at Pacific Tool and Gauge.  I'm sure he could hook you up very reasonably.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top